The Student Room Group

Missed university interview what to do now?

I can't believe I have done this but I was meant to have an university interview today but totally forgot about it, I thought it was next week. I checked my emails today and seen that it was infant today. I emailed the university and rang them and they said they are not doing any more interviews.
I don't know what to do now? Would the uni be able to offer me another course which is similar as they won't give me another interview date?

Scroll to see replies

Call them, be honest, and sound very upset ^.^... apologise deeply. I'm sure they could accommodate, but Id contact ASAP!
Original post by hellodave5
Call them, be honest, and sound very upset ^.^... apologise deeply. I'm sure they could accommodate, but Id contact ASAP!

I did call them. I don't know what I can do now. It was an accidental mistake on my part. They didn't have the interview date on track or on the university portal it was just be an email.
Original post by Anonymousgirll
I did call them. I don't know what I can do now. It was an accidental mistake on my part. They didn't have the interview date on track or on the university portal it was just be an email.

Seriously, this may sound annoying and repetitive but you need to call them again. Make sure you get through to the right department and make sure you speak to someone who actually has any regards to this type of situation, not some lazy old reception staff that will give you generic information. You really need to plead to whomever it may concern and look for an alternative as soon as possible. Let me know if you've tried this and if you need anymore suggestions OP.
You posted yesterday saying you had your first interview today!! So clearly you didn't forget!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waste of time sending you to uni at all IMHO.
Reply 6
Sorry to be like this, but how on earth do you forget you have a university interview!?
Reply 7
"Sorry I wasn't in yesterday Boss, I forgot I still worked for you"
You didn't forget. You made a thread yesterday about today's interview: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2657943

Learn from your mistakes instead of making up excuses.
This is astonishing.
Original post by Anonymousgirll

Why didn't you go? :P
Reply 11
Even if the uni did then agree to give you another chance it won't look good on your part. Because then they need to think will she actually turn up to her lectures ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carnationlilyrose
This is astonishing.

I think 'this is simply not believable' is more appropriate.
Original post by ageshallnot
I think 'this is simply not believable' is more appropriate.

Let's not fight.:biggrin:
Original post by Poppybear
You posted yesterday saying you had your first interview today!! So clearly you didn't forget!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I genuinely thought it was next week. I did post yesterday saying that it was today as I needed quick advice and the previous threads I have written in the past did not get responses. So I thought if I say it's tomorrow I am much more likely to get responses as it is more of a matter or urgency.
Original post by Old_Simon
Waste of time sending you to uni at all IMHO.

Thanks!
Original post by JamesMartinez
Sorry to be like this, but how on earth do you forget you have a university interview!?

I didn't exactly forget I thought it was next week. I guess stress and being ill for over a month hasn't helped me.
Original post by Quick-use
You didn't forget. You made a thread yesterday about today's interview: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2657943

Learn from your mistakes instead of making up excuses.

I genuinely thought it was next week. I did post yesterday saying that it was today as I needed quick advice and the previous threads I have written in the past did not get responses. So I thought if I say it's tomorrow I am much more likely to get responses as it is more of a matter or urgency.
Original post by hellodave5
Why didn't you go? :P

Thought it was next week not today this wasn't intentional. I turned up at school today to do revision rechecked my emails as nothing was on track or my portal and the email had today's date on.
Original post by sooty154
Even if the uni did then agree to give you another chance it won't look good on your part. Because then they need to think will she actually turn up to her lectures ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I've messed up.

Quick Reply

Latest