The Student Room Group

Why do women love shopping so much?

That is; they don't seem half as excited or satisfied with the crap they buy as they are about the prospect itself of going shopping. Why is something so intrinsically pedestrian seen as sacred by women?

Scroll to see replies

Meh... I personally hate the idea of going clothes shopping, I'd rather go grocery shopping. But maybe that's just me.
Why do you love trolling so much?
Reply 3
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Meh... I personally hate the idea of going clothes shopping, I'd rather go grocery shopping. But maybe that's just me.

But why?
Original post by James Gee
But why?

Just cos. I find going shopping for clothing tiring, it exhausts me. :tongue:
Food shopping is way more exciting.
Reply 5
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Why do you love trolling so much?

Because the problem with using reverse psychology on someone who is already backwards is not only doubly effective on someone who was twice as disorientated as you are now and probably always have been.
In-built hunter-gather instinct from cave man times. Wide range of food = healthier diet. Chaps out chucking spears at running things, girls browsing for different coloured berries. Explains a lot.
Because I love new things - shiny, new, pretty things that smell of department stores and clothes shops.

It just makes me happy :biggrin:.
I hate it most of the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Just cos. I find going shopping for clothing tiring, it exhausts me. :tongue:
Food shopping is way more exciting.

Haha I'm the same :lol: love grocery shopping.

I find clothes shopping stressful as most of it is too expensive and shops are so busy etc :nooo:
They were probably dragged along by their female parent.
And so on. It's da parents that perpetuate the gender roles.
Reply 11
Original post by carnationlilyrose
In-built hunter-gather instinct from cave man times. Wide range of food = healthier diet. Chaps out chucking spears at running things, girls browsing for different coloured berries. Explains a lot.

Omg you're a whack job
Omg you're a whack job

Is that a bad thing?
Reply 13
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Is that a bad thing?

Your screen name is bad for my hay fever means you have to go away and leave me alone. Your glorious presence and thought-provoking contributions, however, are not to be sneezed at.
Your screen name is bad for my hay fever means you have to go away and leave me alone. Your glorious presence and thought-provoking contributions, however, are not to be sneezed at.

Your wish is my command.
Original post by ILovePancakes
Because I love new things - shiny, new, pretty things that smell of department stores and clothes shops.

It just makes me happy :biggrin:.

This seems to be everything wrong about our materialistic society.
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
This seems to be everything wrong about our materialistic society.

I don't think there's anything wrong with liking new things. It doesn't mean I always indulge. I just like them.
Original post by Precious Illusions

I find clothes shopping stressful as most of it is too expensive and shops are so busy etc :nooo:

Exactly lol. The worst thing is when there are clothes all over the floor with the store being messy, and then having to deal with rude shop assistants or over happy chirpy ones, urgh and don't even get me started on the price. I'd pick quality over quantity any day but £40 for a T-shirt? I'll pass. Oh and who can forget about the people barging past you and stuff. Absolutely ridiculous. Food shopping is more of a thrill haha!

/Rant over.
Reply 18
Original post by Precious Illusions

Social anxiety.
It's because I like having new things, even if it's as small as new pens or stationary :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest