The Student Room Group

Hrs for parttime job

Hi guys
i was having a discussuion in the class about part tine job that u can do beyond the placement and my mate told me that student nurse wont be eligible to do more 16 hrs in a week or it gonna effect our bursary. How true is it?? Any official rules for student nurse to follow about how hrs of part time job ??
i need ti sort out my working hrs before i go to uni.
Gonna move :smile:
Original post by Amrita1987
Hi guys
i was having a discussuion in the class about part tine job that u can do beyond the placement and my mate told me that student nurse wont be eligible to do more 16 hrs in a week or it gonna effect our bursary. How true is it?? Any official rules for student nurse to follow about how hrs of part time job ??
i need ti sort out my working hrs before i go to uni.

Your mate is wrong. However, when in uni you may find it difficult to work that many hours and focus on your studies as well. Most universities say you shouldn't be working outside of your course, however most realise that to keep your head above water financially it's necessary to have some sort of part time work. Your studies should take priority though, in the end that's what you're getting a bursary for.

It's also wise to remember that if your employer gives you set shifts there may be times when you can't work them due to being on placement or in uni. As a student nurse you're expected to work the full range of shifts covering weekends and nights too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending