The Student Room Group

How are you all feeling about Higher/Advanced Highers?

Not long to go now!!! :s-smilie:
How are you feeling about your exams? Confidant? Worried? Stressed?

I'm ok as I know what to expect but still feeling a bit worried. I'll be fine and will relax completely once they're all over! :biggrin:

Hope everyone's exams go well and you all get the results you want! :goodluck:
(edited 9 years ago)
3 Advanced Higher exams this year - History on the 7th, French the 14th, German the 20th.

I'm currently feeling reasonably confident for French and German (we've done almost every past paper known to man :tongue:) but slightly less so for History, especially as I had a major timing issue in the prelim. I'm mostly glad that nothing rests on these exams this year, however, so I can be a bit more laid back about them. :smile:
Original post by ladymarshmallow
3 Advanced Higher exams this year - History on the 7th, French the 14th, German the 20th.

I'm currently feeling reasonably confident for French and German (we've done almost every past paper known to man :tongue:) but slightly less so for History, especially as I had a major timing issue in the prelim. I'm mostly glad that nothing rests on these exams this year, however, so I can be a bit more laid back about them. :smile:

Those subjects sound interesting! What do you want to do after school?
I didn't take History but heard that a lot of writing is involved! Good luck for your exams!:biggrin:
Original post by LongLazyDays
Those subjects sound interesting! What do you want to do after school?
I didn't take History but heard that a lot of writing is involved! Good luck for your exams!:biggrin:

All in all, I can't say I've disliked any of my subjects this year. :biggrin: I've accepted my offer to study German and History at Edinburgh so that's where I'll be heading to in September. And what about you? :smile:
All in all, I can't say I've disliked any of my subjects this year. :biggrin: I've accepted my offer to study German and History at Edinburgh so that's where I'll be heading to in September. And what about you? :smile:

Between PR or Marketing Management at RGU :smile:
Awful, English involves such chance why is the exam section so difficult, if I don't get an A I'll be devastated because I love reading so much and always have

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Not feeling all that confident to be honest. I have AH Mods on Tuesday and then H English on Thursday... FML. I have done quite a bit of revision for Modern Studies and absolutely none for English really! To top it all off, i am working all day tomorrow so wont get the chance to revise much at the weekend. Just greaaaaaaat.
Original post by LongLazyDays
Between PR or Marketing Management at RGU :smile:

Ooh good luck deciding - I live in Aberdeen myself so felt I had to get away. :tongue:
Ooh good luck deciding - I live in Aberdeen myself so felt I had to get away. :tongue:

Ah! Enjoy Edinburgh, it's lovely. I still plan to come down to Edinburgh as I want to explore it further. :smile:
Sitting five highers and I'm absolutely bricking it. English first on the 1st, then maths and history on the 6th and 7th, then chemistry and music on the 12th and 13th. Got the top grade in my year for English but the exam is all down to luck so I'm not feeling too confident about it. I think history's similar, if my teacher's predictions don't come up then I'm probably not going to get an A. Maths and chemistry are my worst subjects (got Cs for them in the prelims) but I'm really struggling to improve on them. I'm planning on going into school for extra help or to get things marked over study leave.
Ideally, I'd like to go to good uni so I'm hoping I don't do too badly! I suppose I'll still have sixth year to make it up if need be, but I'd rather not be in that position really! My dad also said he'd make a small contribution to my car fund if I do well enough. Just another incentive to do well!

Good luck for everyone else, hope things go to plan for you!!!
Reply 10
Advanced English is such a hard exam! So much to learn for it, other than that I'm feeling fine about Advanced Music and Higher Philosophy. Anyone else doing any of these subjects?
Ah yes, Higher English! I remember last year well. I was so nervous about the exam (mainly time management). I had practised timed past papers before and in the exam went ok. In the end I got a B! It's one of those subjects that you have to do so much to get it but once you get it you feel great!
Reply 12
Original post by Dylankj
Advanced English is such a hard exam! So much to learn for it, other than that I'm feeling fine about Advanced Music and Higher Philosophy. Anyone else doing any of these subjects?

I'm thinking of doing advanced english and higher philosophy next year. Are they any good? You already said that there's loads to learn for english, but is it interesting at least?
I'm doing five highers, and I'm basically a nervous wreck right now. I just did my history exam today, and I honestly don't know how to feel about it. I got some pretty rubbish essay questions for english as well. All I can say is, thank god there's folio work for both of those subjects. I need to get Bs in both of them, at least Bs, because I want to take them both next year as advanced highers and I need three Bs and an A to get into the university that I want to go to after school. But I really hope my folio work raises my grades for english and history. Same with german. I'm absolutely dreading chemistry and biology, which are both next week :frown: But I'm meeting my chemistry teacher tomorrow to go over some stuff before the exam on Monday, so hopefully that should clear a few things up. I especially need help with excess calculations, equilibrium and bonding. I just don't understand them at all. And I don't know how I'm going to remember everything before the biology exam on Friday. Still, at least there's only three exams left. Then I'll be free :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending