The Student Room Group

Prom

Reply 1
I think that the second one is vary traditional and expected. So I would say go with the first one. perhaps you should ask whoever you're going with and try to match if your going with anyone.
They're both so gorgeous! Which colours were you thinking?
Reply 3

I personally think the first dress is better because i'm really into the high low skirt look plus the colour is absolutely gorgeous.
Reply 4
Original post by JamesMartinez
I'm a guy so maybe nothing I say matters, but the second one definitely seems more appropriate for prom, the first one is maybe a bit too casual, but I might be (and probably am) wrong. :tongue:

Haha, no every opinion would be helpful, and that's one of the concerns I had when I was considering which one to pick but idk I really like the first one because of it's simplicity

Original post by ILovePancakes
They're both so gorgeous! Which colours were you thinking?

For the first one I definitely wanted to stick to the turquoise colour, and for the second one I was thinking that the cream colour looked the best
I love the second one personally, but both are lovely!
Reply 6
Original post by pbunny
I personally think the first dress is better because i'm really into the high low skirt look plus the colour is absolutely gorgeous.

Yh I really liked the first one too, but as someone has already said do you think it might be too casual?
Reply 7
I like the look of the first one personally
Original post by Sapphire123
Haha, no every opinion would be helpful, and that's one of the concerns I had when I was considering which one to pick but idk I really like the first one because of it's simplicity

For the first one I definitely wanted to stick to the turquoise colour, and for the second one I was thinking that the cream colour looked the best

Hmm.. I really like the second one, but personally wouldn't got for it in turquoise - I'd prefer a gold or cream.

Be careful which websites you buy them from though. Last year, a couple of my friends got scammed by some online prom dress websites.
Reply 9
Yh I really liked the first one too, but as someone has already said do you think it might be too casual?

Nope, it's seems perfect to me. It'll make you stand out in a good way. Do you honestly want to be wearing something similar to everyone else? :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by pbunny
Nope, it's seems perfect to me. It'll make you stand out in a good way. Do you honestly want to be wearing something similar to everyone else? :wink:

Do you think this would look nice with the first one?

http://images.karmaclothing.co.uk/images/products/zoom/1347880696-90899400.jpg
Reply 11
Original post by ILovePancakes
Hmm.. I really like the second one, but personally wouldn't got for it in turquoise - I'd prefer a gold or cream.

Be careful which websites you buy them from though. Last year, a couple of my friends got scammed by some online prom dress websites.

Thanks I will definitely check the website before entering any of my card details
Reply 12
If you got the legs then the first
Reply 13
Do you think this would look nice with the first one?

http://images.karmaclothing.co.uk/images/products/zoom/1347880696-90899400.jpg

The style of the cardigan would go well with the dress but i'm too sure on whether the print is apriopriate.
I'm going to prom in an ice cream van accompanied by my cronies on horses. Srs

Posted from TSR Mobile
These are both such gorgeous dresses, which makes it very difficult to decide!!

I would say the turquoise one will make more of a statement because of the colour, but it is less formal than the full length one. It depends if you know what other dresses girls are going for? Because for my prom everyone went very over the top in full length poofy cinderella type gowns, but I know others where girls have worn short dresses.#

I would also say pick a dress that you know you are going to be able to wear again to other occasions, because then it's money well spent :smile:

And even if you pick a dress that is less formal, you can always glam it up more with your make up & accessories!

Shani xo
www.stylehoney.com

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending