The Student Room Group

Longest you've ever been without your technology/gadgets

For these purposes, I'll call technology/gadgets any smartphone, iPod, computer (or Mac for those who wish to be pedantic), TV (or cinema) and Radio.

That bit is just to avoid being heckled by those who will point out that everything humans have invented is really technology, including the wheel. Um, and don't bother ranting about the good old days when no-one used to use technology if you're over 40 or so.

Anyways, longest I've been is probably 3 days.

Scroll to see replies

I went a whole 9 months in my mother's womb!
4 weeks
Original post by BeanofJelly
I went a whole 9 months in my mother's womb!

Knew someone would say that... Actually thought about putting in a clause in OP to forbid ages under around 14 but decided against it due to the maturity of TSR... Whoops
Reply 4
about a month
Been without my smartphone for 2 weeks, my parents confiscated it :innocent:
Without TV maybe 8/10 hours
I stopped listening to the Radio yonks ago :smile:
Original post by Robbie242
about a month

How come?
Maybe for you I should ask for the amount of time for which you've been without your calculator :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by DouglasAdams
How come?
Maybe for you I should ask for the amount of time for which you've been without your calculator :tongue:

Camping holiday when I was much younger, actually embraced life rather than sticking to my gameboy advance
Every once in a while for about a week when I visit relatives/go on holidays.
Camping holiday when I was much younger, actually embraced life rather than sticking to my gameboy advance

Cor, good for you buddy. I meant for myself at roughly the ages of above 13/14.
Original post by DouglasAdams
Cor, good for you buddy. I meant for myself at roughly the ages of above 13/14.

Oh above 13/14 I couldn't go 3 days without technology, my heart breaks when my computer gets repaired, back to the games consoles :frown:
Oh above 13/14 I couldn't go 3 days without technology, my heart breaks when my computer gets repaired, back to the games consoles :frown:

I think me too. I only give it up for religious reasons; would hardly do so out of self-discipline!
2 months
Reply 14
went the gym today, forgot to take my phone, nearly drove home to pick it up then go back.
10 years until I was allowed to buy a PSP for my 10th bday!
12-hour flight. Does that count? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
When I went to China for 2 1/2 weeks, I decided to leave everything at home apart from my camera (which I then fell on top of on the 2nd day). The only time I used technology was to text my parents off a teachers phone halfway through the trip to ask if I could spend the day unaccompanied with a Chinese family, and to say that we were nowhere near the airport bomb incident and earthquake that had occurred that week.
Reply 18
I'm extremely surprised at these answers, I did not expect people to go so long without gadgets. The longest I've gone without technology since age 10 is probably 6 hours.
Currently been without my laptop for the last fortnight as the charger port is broken. Waiting on payday so I can get it fixed. Yeah it sucks without but I thought I would be tearing the walls without my laptop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply