The Student Room Group

Interrailing - rucksack weight?!

Hello! :smile:
My friend and I are going interrailing this summer. We've not been before and need to know how much our backpacks will weigh for one of the airplane flights (we need an average weight otherwise EasyJet could overcharge the crap out of us). Please could anyone with experience let us know how much our rucksacks could weigh?

We are going for 1 month and are staying in hostels (though we are taking a sleeping bag) and our bags are the average D of E size (roughly 50L)

Thank you!!
Reply 1
You can buy hand held baggage scales. Do a trial run.
Original post by chaniafox
My friend and I are going interrailing this summer. We've not been before and need to know how much our backpacks will weigh for one of the airplane flights (we need an average weight otherwise EasyJet could overcharge the crap out of us). Please could anyone with experience let us know how much our rucksacks could weigh?

We are going for 1 month and are staying in hostels (though we are taking a sleeping bag) and our bags are the average D of E size (roughly 50L)

Thank you!!

Weighing shouldn't be a problem for you. As long as you stuff your things snuggly and keep it within the shape of the backpack, you should be fine. Most of the time, they don't weigh your backpack, so you should be fine. However, if you do exceed the dimensions of the backpack, then I would suggest taking out some unnecessary things to keep it in shape.

Thank you!!

Don't worry, it would be in any case under the 20kg limit imposed by easyjet. Mine last year was 13kg - think an average in our group was 15kg.

Thank you!!

DONT TAKE A SLEEPING BAG

I didn't but some in our group did. Complete waste of time - take a sleeping bag liner. Europe in the summer (all of it) is hot! Like, lowest max temperature 25 degrees July/August
Reply 5
I think mine was 11kg or something like that.
Reply 6
Thank you everyone for your responses! They've been really useful! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest