The Student Room Group

Good singer or nah? HONEST RESPONSES PLEASE

OK, so I've been told I'm a good singer by my family as whenever I'm cleaning I tend to blast out any songs that are currently in my head. I've never sung in front of a group of people before, but I want to put myself out there and start doing so. Only, I want a bunch of complete strangers - heres where you come in - to rate my singing out of 10 and then perhaps, if possible, explain where I could improve?
Here's a snippet of me singing "Man in the Mirror": http://vocaroo.com/i/s0iNxml4X4R9

I know a few of y'all will dish out with the "you're ****" responses etc for reps but if you could please just try and genuinely figure out where I can improve, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply 1
No you need singing lessons. Your pitch is all over the place, especially when you hit the high notes
Need to sing a little more passionately, at the moment it feels like there is a real lack of emotion and disconnect.

translation:

Spoiler

I think there is something there :smile: with singing lessons you'd be really, really good :smile:
You definitely have a voice but you need a bit more control and projection. Something that can be solved with singing lessons, I think.
You're chasing a vision that's not working out well.

See what I did there:awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest