The Student Room Group

RAF PRTC 3rd June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Is anyone still waiting for their PRTC dates? I seem to have been waiting for ages.

If your trade only requires a level 1 in maths and English do you still have to sit the level 2 tests?
Reply 81
Original post by EFord
Is anyone still waiting for their PRTC dates? I seem to have been waiting for ages.

If your trade only requires a level 1 in maths and English do you still have to sit the level 2 tests?

I've done lots of these tests there all the same it's your answers that reflect what level you are working at, plus the just basic tests and really easy so I wouldn't worry about it, I would contact your careers office as I got my prtc dates after a couple of days after passing my medical x
If u only need L1 u will only sit L1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lozza I'm 29 next month so age isn't kind to me, especially when I've got to hit the same as these 18-25 year olds!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by chris-d-lpool
Lozza I'm 29 next month so age isn't kind to me, especially when I've got to hit the same as these 18-25 year olds!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know exactly how u feel as I'm the big 30 in Nov so I have to pass my MSFT or I'm gonna be too old to do it again :frown: it's pants I'm so crap at it....done 7 years in the Royal Navy so I'm used to them but I still struggle everytime, and worse now I'm 10 years older haha x
Aww I'm sure u will be fine if u know the drill. Message me if u wanna
Talk about ur application

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you need help getting fit just ask :smile: I'm a phase 2 now so I have had my fair share of PT sessions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhys_Mayes
If you need help getting fit just ask :smile: I'm a phase 2 now so I have had my fair share of PT sessions

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is trade training going? Enjoying it?
Less ppl a room?
Reply 88
Original post by She_wolf
How is trade training going? Enjoying it?
Less ppl a room?

Thanks, do u know if it has to be shorts for your fitness test on prtc? It says shorts on the list but wondered if any girls on your course wore the Lycra legging type sports wear (if u know what I mean) lol?? x
Original post by Lozza29
Thanks, do u know if it has to be shorts for your fitness test on prtc? It says shorts on the list but wondered if any girls on your course wore the Lycra legging type sports wear (if u know what I mean) lol?? x

Why try and deviate from what it says? If it says shorts then it means shorts.
Reply 90
Original post by ryan9900
Why try and deviate from what it says? If it says shorts then it means shorts.

No need to be ****in arsey!!! I'm well aware it says shorts however having done time in the forces already I know that normally means decent sports wear and not jogging bottoms, also don't wanna buy shorts for 1 fitness test when I'm not gonna wear them again......as they get issue in basic training, if you have anything nice or productive to say then don't bother saying anything
Original post by Lozza29
No need to be ****in arsey!!! I'm well aware it says shorts however having done time in the forces already I know that normally means decent sports wear and not jogging bottoms, also don't wanna buy shorts for 1 fitness test when I'm not gonna wear them again......as they get issue in basic training, if you have anything nice or productive to say then don't bother saying anything

But it says shorts. It doesn't say shorts... or whatever other sports wear you think might be acceptable.

I'm not trying to be 'arsey' as you put it, but it's fairly simple. We're given instructions and we follow them. The sooner we all learn that, the better.
Reply 92
But it says shorts. It doesn't say shorts... or whatever other sports wear you think might be acceptable.

I'm not trying to be 'arsey' as you put it, but it's fairly simple. We're given instructions and we follow them. The sooner we all learn that, the better.

That is true we do follow orders and I've already followed orders for 7 years in the Navy so I'm aware of how it works.....also why I'm aware that not everything said is to the letter which is why I asked in the first place, apologies if it wasn't meant that way but it came across arsey to me, not sure how far along in training u are or if you've been in long but good luck
Original post by Lozza29
That is true we do follow orders and I've already followed orders for 7 years in the Navy so I'm aware of how it works.....also why I'm aware that not everything said is to the letter which is why I asked in the first place, apologies if it wasn't meant that way but it came across arsey to me, not sure how far along in training u are or if you've been in long but good luck

Fair enough. I'm not even in training but the way I see it, the contents of a kit list aren't designed to be discussed on a forum and decided upon.

I've got my PRTC in a couple of weeks and while I'm aware there are probably a lot of things I don't need, I've got them any way just because it says so. With your history in the Navy, you'll appreciate that the selection process is basically just a big game. We just need to play by the rules.

Best of luck.
Reply 94
Fair enough. I'm not even in training but the way I see it, the contents of a kit list aren't designed to be discussed on a forum and decided upon.

I've got my PRTC in a couple of weeks and while I'm aware there are probably a lot of things I don't need, I've got them any way just because it says so. With your history in the Navy, you'll appreciate that the selection process is basically just a big game. We just need to play by the rules.

Best of luck.

It is a big game it's a load of bull**** that u have to put with.....I plan on taking shorts with me anyway I was simply only asking the ppl who have already done it what ppl we're wearing that's all not a big issue really......there really no need to be so serious is all I'm saying, got mine on Tuesday so I'll find out soon enough, hope it goes well for u
Original post by Lozza29
It is a big game it's a load of bull**** that u have to put with.....I plan on taking shorts with me anyway I was simply only asking the ppl who have already done it what ppl we're wearing that's all not a big issue really......there really no need to be so serious is all I'm saying, got mine on Tuesday so I'll find out soon enough, hope it goes well for u

You'll be fine! Take both, I can't really remember PRTC but all the current PTIs are really nice so you might be alright

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lozza29

I think they care more that it is plain and dark coloured. Most were in shorts, from tiny to capri length, from tight Lycra to baggy, no one was told off.

Good luck with your PRTC!
Original post by Lozza29

How did it go?
Hey, is anybody going for PRTC in November?
Original post by Luppatea89
Hey, is anybody going for PRTC in November?

Haven't seen anyone with their PRTC in November yet but no doubt you'll find someone closer to the time. Mine is in 8 days and I only just found some others on the same one about 3 or 4 days ago. Good luck any way!

Quick Reply

Latest