The Student Room Group

Do you still stereotype a person based on their race?

Scroll to see replies

Still? I never did :biggrin:
I love playing with balls and no it's not a stereotype :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Biryani007
Still? I never did :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still was a typo
Reply 4
Posted from TSR Mobile

The question is do u stereotype a person based on their race.
Original post by tasha1993
Posted from TSR Mobile

Still was a typo

Ok well no I don't, do you? :smile:
Reply 6
Depends :biggrin: sometimes yes. Most times no.
Original post by tasha1993
Posted from TSR Mobile

Still was a typo

Tucking fypo
Usually stereotypes tend to be true therefore yes.
Reply 9
I try not to but I keep seeing them happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The good parts of a stereotype, yes. Like, when I meet a black guy I expect to hear no BS straight talk. There's nothing more disappointing than being introduced to a black dude and have him start talking like a white lawyer. LOL:eek:
Nah not really
I haven't but I have been stereotyped, people have told me that 'I don't speak Black' :laugh: I'm so sorry to disappoint :rolleyes:
To an extent. But not purely on race, I just tend to guess what people will sound/be like based on their appearance. It seems to work :dontknow:
The stereotypes might be true in some cases :dontknow: But mostly it's just due to ignorance.
I have stereotyped my own race a few times. :mmm:
Not any other, I don't judge people according to their races.
People say they dont but they all do
Reply 17
I think everyone has stereotypes about every category you can put people into. Not all stereotypes are negative either, for example thinking South East Asians are intelligent. We never really take someone as they are, we have expectation based on looking at them because it's how our brains work. Stereotypes are only problematic when you don't recognise them as such and based on how they effect your behaviour. If you're negative stereotypes lead to you treating someone unfairly because of how they look then it's a problem. If you really do think there's not a single stupid South East Asian person then it's a problem.
Everybody has stereotypes and gender races because that's how society works. Everyone will be the same, no matter how they say they don't do it. Are stereotypes true? Not really, not half the time, from my experience.
Yes, but very much tongue-in-cheek :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest