The Student Room Group

Protip for men: no luck for the ladies? try wearing makeup. I'm being serious

It occurred to me one day,and a lot of my fellow bros that women's expectations were over-inflated, to a ridiculous degree. It seemed even if you were above average looking, this wasn't enough for most girls. I wondered why my male friends who looked great were just failing and failing.

It also quickly occurred to me after living with girls in halls that the difference in attractiveness before they put on make-up compared to how they looked on a night out was ridiculous; any kind of girl, even unattractive could become attractive using makeup.

I realized the power of this, and saw it as unfair; being slightly wacko, and not giving a ****. In what I call my increasing persuit of perfection I thought a lot about this.

I realized men in magazines, film actors, people on television, all men deemed attractive and as models of male beauty, all of these men wear makeup, and not just a little. but a lot. specifically models in magazines use cheek contouring makeup, eyeliner is common and many many other forms of makeup, not to mention photoshopping.

Women expect these kinds of standards in men they see in the real world, and since no men have the balls to do this (some might call it gay, but believe me the pussy I got when I started doing this **** was certainly not gay)

anyway, I started augmenting my face, using products, plucking eyebrows. making myself look as clean-cut and as good as possible, and guess what? I suddenly found myself confounded with women, from all angles. The whole process became much easier.

I think a new cultural revolution needs to happen wherein men aren't afraid to do certain things in fear of "being gay" because the truth is, men have perverted the term "being gay" to being attractive. We call for instance justin beiber gay, simply because he is very attractive. We may call a certain type of shirt as "gay" because it exposes the male body in a sexual way. We need to embrace our sexuality.

Women are frustrated because there is slim pickings, the only guys around are just plain, boring, and don't look after themselves. Women spend hours to look good, and its for you, if you do the same you'll be amazed.

Going gym is good too, but don't forget the face!

peace

I realize this is a super-weird thing to post and I don't know what the reaction is, to be honest i couldn't care less because I know what works, think about Prince. That guy was 5"2, and would be called a faggot or whatever for looking the way he did, this man dated the most beautiful women on the planet, many of them.

Think about this seriously

:wink: I've cracked the code bitches

Scroll to see replies

By George he's got it. :lol:

Seriously, I'm surprised more guys haven't embraced this idea that wearing make-up can actually be attractive. And you're right, all actors wear it, it's just how the acting business goes. Make-up shouldn't be seen as a feminine thing, I know enough girls who go wild over guys in eyeliner to know it would not be badly received. Plus I don't think it's fair that girls with acne can cover it with make-up and it's 'socially acceptable', but guys can't. In an ideal world nobody would feel the need to wear make-up and we'd all be happy in our own skins, but until then, everyone who wants to wear make-up, should.
Yeah I always looked way hotter in eyeliner as a teenage emo. Nothing to be worried about in this day and age, I might not see myself applying actual make-up but now I'm getting older I'm at least seeing the potential benefits of the Patrick Bateman moisturising routine

Gotta remember though that make-up is really bad for your skin, especially acne as mentioned just above. Also we don't want to start an arms race with this stuff and end up paying £9 a time for a little stick of make-up. As David Mitchell says, "We'll be in the same situation as the poor women!"
(edited 9 years ago)
Pictures before and after using makeup?

srs, I want to know whether the effect is pronounced or not
Nah my confidence is high enough already bruh. I can tell society is moving that way though.
Reply 5
I've often thought that makeup could be beneficial to guys. I've known only a few who wear it and as a girl I have nothing against it so I would say more power to those who wear it! Although personally I don't really have any preferences physically and my boyfriend is quite rugged, but I'm not the promiscuous type.
Original post by Per
I've often thought that makeup could be beneficial to guys. I've known only a few who wear it and as a girl I have nothing against it so I would say more power to those who wear it! Although personally I don't really have any preferences physically and my boyfriend is quite rugged, but I'm not the promiscuous type.

Can you tell when they've worn makeup?
More men should wear makeup, it's really very attractive :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tehforum
Pictures before and after using makeup?

srs, I want to know whether the effect is pronounced or not

I second this motion.
Reply 9

It depends what kind of look they go for. If they wear only a complexion enhancing foundation which was matched closely to the skin tone and maybe fill in their eyebrows a little it would not be noticeable to the majority of people but any sort of eye makeup or rouge for the cheeks would be more noticeable.
No, no no, no no no, no no no no.

Just no.

I'm not a fan of much makeup on women for one thing. Last thing we need is for guys to start slapping on the stuff.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
I definitely think society needs to be become more open to accepting men can wear make up.

I am not ashamed to admit I wear concealer whenever I wear my contact lenses. My glasses have left some significant dents near the bridge of my nose, so wearing concealer definitely brightens up my face.

In my view men should wear make up to 'correct things' such as sparse eyebrows or blemishes. Women can wear make up to correct things and to 'enhance' things e.g. a red lip.

edit: if anyone is interested, I use MAC Studio Finish Concealer. It provides very good coverage. It's about £10 I think but I've had the same pot for over 3 years now!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by voodoochild
I
I realize this is a super-weird thing to post and I don't know what the reaction is, to be honest i couldn't care less because I know what works, think about Prince. That guy was 5"2, and would be called a faggot or whatever for looking the way he did, this man dated the most beautiful women on the planet, many of them.

Think about this seriously

:wink: I've cracked the code bitches

A guy that talented and that rich would have gotten to date those women if he was 4'6 and looked like a horse's arse.
Reply 13

Mate, go for it. It's really not that difficult. Nobody has ever noticed I wear concealer. I've told a few people and they were surprised. The trick is just to use a tiny bit and to dap it over a large area so it blends in well. See my above post on which one I use.
voodoochild
I would be up for this but I see two major obstacles:

1. I'd feel pretty embarrassed at the shopping checkout buying makeup (unless I bought it online). Same goes for anyone who notices you wear it in day to day situations and points it out, that could get embarrassing.

2. I wouldn't know what to buy, how to apply it, how much to apply, what would look best on me, how to remove it at the end of the day. I would be clueless.

Point #1 can be overcome by growing some balls and not caring what people think (easier said than done). Point #2 is much more difficult to overcome and I don't know if going to a professional is worth the time/money.

edit: and another problem is if you get a girlfriend, what would she think of it? would you let her find out you wear it or would you sneak it on in the bathroom first thing in the morning?
(edited 9 years ago)
this is bs
Or just beautify your photos.
Original post by clh_hilary
Or just beautify your photos.
Completely useless when it comes to real life.
Original post by Bassetts
Completely useless when it comes to real life.

But you will already have the lady out. From 0 chance to some.
Its perfectly fine for guys to wear makeup, if they want to. I don't think its gay or embarrassing at all but I disagree that it makes you have more luck with the ladies, does that mean girls who wear makeup as opposed to those who dont, have better chances of finding a guy? I never understood this. I actually look at how people really are, if they're good looking but still a butthole then forget that xD So that they change their attitude rather than appearance in order to find someone. With that said, I have Ryan Higa's "Nice Guys" finish last in my head :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest