The Student Room Group

Not attending Sixth Form ?

I've got an ongoing medical condition, thats been going on and off for 2 months which has affected my sixth form attendance. While being at home i find i get a lot more done and learn a lot more compared to going to sixth form. I'm thinking that maybe it would be best to just stay at home and revise or go to the library rather than going to lessons, especially as all content has been taught already and I'm doing 4 retakes alongside my A2 exams (so i need all the free time i can get). However my teachers are totally against this, and have started making me feel guilty for not being in school that much, and have basically insinuated that if i don't come to lessons I'm going to fail. I'm not sure if they're telling me this because they just want me in school or if they're actually telling the truth.
Will it still be possible for me to do well if i don't attend my lessons, and just continue revising and doing loads of past papers alongside looking at the resources that my subject teachers put up on the school website ? I'm studying Business studies, English Language and Psychology. My first exam is on 13th May.
A levels are self-study. I used to deliberately miss lessons or not pay attention in most. However, at home, I'd revise a lot and do every past paper etc. Ended up A*AB
Original post by 16dan2life
A levels are self-study. I used to deliberately miss lessons or not pay attention in most. However, at home, I'd revise a lot and do every past paper etc. Ended up A*AB

Yup, this.

OP, it totally depends. It's not something that many people would recommend, nor is it something that everyone could pull off. But if you have all the resources, notes, past papers, etc. needed, you're dedicated, and you use your time at home wisely, I do think it's possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest