The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

I need some help.

Right I am stuck between two universities to go to next year (Brighton and Portsmouth), and I like the look and atmosphere of both (Portsmouth has slightly better reviews and facilities from an educational standpoint). But the clincher to which one I want to go for is down to the nightlife.

I know Brighton is great for nightlife, and has a wide range of nights etc etc

But what about Portsmouth? Whats the scene down there like? As an avid lover of Drum and Bass/Hiphop/Grime - is there any scene down in Portsmouth?

Thanks

Whats the nightlife like in both of these places!
Reply 1
Original post by garlickson
Right I am stuck between two universities to go to next year (Brighton and Portsmouth), and I like the look and atmosphere of both (Portsmouth has slightly better reviews and facilities from an educational standpoint). But the clincher to which one I want to go for is down to the nightlife.

But what about Portsmouth? Whats the scene down there like? As an avid lover of Drum and Bass/Hiphop/Grime - is there any scene down in Portsmouth?

Thanks

Mate not to sound like a party pooper but making a decision about what uni you should attend based on nightlife is not sensible at all, by all means having a good party while there is fine but you rspending 9grand a year to learn.
(edited 10 years ago)
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
I'm from Portsmouth and the night life is very good. You've got a huge range of bars from your grotty and cheap clubs (my fave) to your upper class expensive ones, and all the between.

You're also only a short taxi from Southampton as well which has a good night life.
Original post by garlickson

Thanks

Hi there!

Personally I am a huge fan of Brighton nightlife. I haven't actually had a night out in Portsmouth, but I have a friend who was living there for a year and she said they're both really different cities. Brighton is incredibly vibrant and there are nights to suit pretty much all music tastes. I personally like a lot of nights at Concorde 2, Audio, and Greendoor Store (but obviously that's just a handful of venues!), and also enjoy going to student parties. Websites such as http://brightonsource.co.uk that are great for seeing what's coming up in terms of nights/music/gigs, and then there's http://www.visitbrighton.com for general information about what's happening in Brighton. If you have any other questions at all about what it's like being a student here etc. feel free to fire away!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending