The Student Room Group

Nostryfikacja/Nostrification of A Level results for Warsaw (or anywhere in Poland)

Hello!

I am looking to apply to the UW this year. I have been told that I have to put my A Levels through the process of nostryfikacja, part of which is getting someone to write a letter stating that my A Levels will allow me to pursue higher ed in the UK (despite the fact that I already have a degree...?)

Where do I start? Where do I get this letter? Do I need my actual A Level certificates (well...it'll have to be a statement of results!) or can I use a letter on headed paper from my sixth form stating a list of modules/grades (I've got this, but lost A Level certificates...)

What do I do then? Have contacted Polish embassy and DfE in the UK but no-one is very helpful...
Original post by Ellastar
Hello!

I am looking to apply to the UW this year. I have been told that I have to put my A Levels through the process of nostryfikacja, part of which is getting someone to write a letter stating that my A Levels will allow me to pursue higher ed in the UK (despite the fact that I already have a degree...?)

Where do I start? Where do I get this letter? Do I need my actual A Level certificates (well...it'll have to be a statement of results!) or can I use a letter on headed paper from my sixth form stating a list of modules/grades (I've got this, but lost A Level certificates...)

What do I do then? Have contacted Polish embassy and DfE in the UK but no-one is very helpful...

You could try contacting a notary- a lawyer who has legal training and is licensed by the state to perform acts in legal affairs, in particular witnessing signatures on documents. I needed to prove that my results I had achieved for GCSEs + A-levels were real so just showed them my certificates. The one I used was listed on the official notary UK website, email first and see if they could help. I could pm you the details of the notary I used but they were based in London.
Reply 2
Original post by Orangecake
You could try contacting a notary- a lawyer who has legal training and is licensed by the state to perform acts in legal affairs, in particular witnessing signatures on documents. I needed to prove that my results I had achieved for GCSEs + A-levels were real so just showed them my certificates. The one I used was listed on the official notary UK website, email first and see if they could help. I could pm you the details of the notary I used but they were based in London.

Hi, I have already been in contact with a local notary who is happy to notarize (?) the letter from my college or my A Level certificates (which I don't have...but not sure if a notarized letter stating my results would be worth the same?)

Did you have to provide a letter stating that A Levels are the equivalent of the Polish diploma and that they entitle you to go to University here in the UK?
I only applied to study in Hungary.The university in question didn't ask me to have that last sentence.
Reply 4
Reply 5
Original post by Ellastar
Hello!

Is this for the medicine course?
I had to ring AQA and get a certificate resent to me as I had also lost mine!
I just got the head teacher from my secondary school to write a letter indicating that I was able to attend higher education in the UK

Quick Reply

Latest