The Student Room Group

Your community needs you! "Power Hour": Blitz on study help questions

Hi everyone!

As exams begin to creep closer we have really seen a spike in activity across our study help forums with members asking for help with their final pieces of coursework or essays and asking for revision tips and exam strategies.

Helping your peers with their study-related questions are a great way of testing your own knowledge and memory following all that revision you have been doing. It's also a great way to pick up a few extra tips and nuggets of information that could give you that additional boost to help you get the grades you want.

We already have a group of fantastic "Study Helpers" that support students with their studies and do an exceptional job, why not work alongside them during Power Hour each day to provide a helping hand to your fellow students who are yet to receive an answer to their question whilst also enhancing your own knowledge, getting you nicely set up for the exams ahead?

You can find all the unanswered threads here Lend someone a hand

Or via our brilliant new revision hub page

We'll be running "unanswered study help threads POWER HOUR" during our busiest hours on TSR.

Power hour will happen again today from 4pm - 5pm

Thursday
4-5 pm

Friday

4-5 pm

Saturday
5-6 pm

Sunday
9-10pm

Monday
4-5pm

Tuesday
9-10 pm

Wednesday
4-5 pm

Once you have completed Power Hour, drop in a post to tell us who you've helped and if you think it could help heaps of students please include the link to the thread.

GO TEAM! :cyber:

#StudyHelpPowerHour

:party::party:​:party:

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If you're on Twitter you can also check in with us @thestudentroom using the hashtag #StudyHelpPowerHour or #studentshelpstudents
This sounds epic. In!
Original post by Slowbro93
This sounds epic. In!

Hooray! :yay:

Yes! Slowbro93 so chuffed you're in - spread the world :rave:

Just for you:

[video="youtube;StTqXEQ2l-Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y[/video]
I'll do what I can :biggrin:

In!
Original post by Angry cucumber
I'll do what I can :biggrin:

In!

:five:

Nice work Angry cucumber!

:bigsmile:

Great to have you on board! "Everything is awesome" is for you too :biggrin:
I'm in!:bubbles:
Yeah I'm in!

Sounds like a brilliant idea :yy:
Original post by Lovinlife2
Yeah I'm in!

Sounds like a brilliant idea :yy:

Hip Hip Hooray! :yeah: We are thrilled to have you on board too Lovinlife2 :youbetcha:
Original post by She-Ra
Hip Hip Hooray! :yeah: We are thrilled to have you on board too Lovinlife2 :youbetcha:

Yay! :happy2: That's lovely and thank you so much! :h:
I'll help out as much as possible with the Maths forum and parts of Chemistry too :smile:
Sounds Awesome :biggrin:
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'll help out as much as possible with the Maths forum and parts of Chemistry too :smile:

Original post by abbasahmed786
Sounds Awesome :biggrin:

SUPER! Great to have you both power-houring with us today :biggrin:

Only 17 minutes to go!!!

:yeah::yay::yeah::yay::yeah:
Original post by She-Ra
SUPER! Great to have you both power-houring with us today :biggrin:

Only 17 minutes to go!!!

:yeah::yay::yeah::yay::yeah:

I have started a bit early :tongue:
I can probably do Sunday 9-10pm :smile:
Original post by MathsNerd1
I have started a bit early :tongue:

Awww thank you :biggrin:

Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
I can probably do Sunday 9-10pm :smile:

Sounds mega T.E! Thanks for letting us know :yes:

Only 2 minutes to go........... until the first POWER HOUR!
Go go go go go go go ...... let's show the community some Power Hour :cyber: :heart:

:party: :party: :party:

Deffo check in with us after :smile:
Just completed my first ever Power Hour (wooot!)

I moved posts from A-Level/GCSE to subject specific study help forums, as posts are more likely to be answered there. (I know that this is an action that I can do as a TSR Community Team member, so I go all out...)

Asides from that, for members who were stressed out about exams or essays, I asked to know what they were doing at the moment, what they were struggling with, and how I could help! :rolleyes:

Shweet.:cool:
great idea
i am in

Original post by She-Ra
Hi everyone!

As exams begin to creep closer we have really seen a spike in activity across our study help forums with members asking for help with their final pieces of coursework or essays and asking for revision tips and exam strategies.

Helping your peers with their study-related questions are a great way of testing your own knowledge and memory following all that revision you have been doing. It's also a great way to pick up a few extra tips and nuggets of information that could give you that additional boost to help you get the grades you want.

We already have a group of fantastic "Study Helpers" that support students with their studies and do an exceptional job, why not work alongside them during Power Hour each day to provide a helping hand to your fellow students who are yet to receive an answer to their question whilst also enhancing your own knowledge, getting you nicely set up for the exams ahead?

You can find all the unanswered threads here Lend someone a hand

Or via our brilliant new revision hub page

We'll be running "unanswered study help threads POWER HOUR" during our busiest hours on TSR.

The very first power hour will kick off today at 4pm

Thursday
4-5 pm

Friday

4-5 pm

Saturday
5-6 pm

Sunday
9-10pm

Monday
4-5pm

Tuesday
9-10 pm

Wednesday
4-5 pm

Once you have completed Power Hour, drop in a post to tell us who you've helped and if you think it could help heaps of students please include the link to the thread.

GO TEAM! :cyber:

#StudyHelpPowerHour

:party::party:​:party:

Original post by livethelife
great idea
i am in

Brilliant :smile:

Lovely to meet you! We'll be "Power Hour-ing" at 4pm tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest