The Student Room Group

Strange behaviour from a guy

I'm really quite confused by the behaviour of this guy I work with. He's incredibly confident and self-assured in himself; really lovely guy.

But it's quite strange, he is at such ease at talking to everyone else, but when we are talking he will randomly stand back and just stare at me and look into my eyes. It's something he does randomly in the middle of our conversation.

He will do that and cut the conversation off. It's frustrating because I work with him, but its as though we can't have a conversation because he acts so bizarre.

Could someone please explain why he acts like this? This is really bothering me.
He also remembers a lot of minor things I have ever told him which suprises me.
Guys why would you act like this? Its like I cant even have a convo with him!

Scroll to see replies

Maybe he fancies you?
Original post by Trottoir
I'm really quite confused by the behaviour of this guy I work with. He's incredibly confident and self-assured in himself; really lovely guy.

But it's quite strange, he is at such ease at talking to everyone else, but when we are talking he will randomly stand back and just stare at me and look into my eyes. It's something he does randomly in the middle of our conversation.

He will do that and cut the conversation off. It's frustrating because I work with him, but its as though we can't have a conversation because he acts so bizarre.

Could someone please explain why he acts like this? This is really bothering me.
Guys why would you act like this? Its like I cant even have a convo with him!

It sounds like some crap attempt at hypnotism or that PUA style of manipulation.
Reply 3
yes but if you like someone, surely you'd want to talk to them lots and properely?
Did you have something stuck in between your teeth? Is he into you? Is he a native English speaker? Because there are only three reasons that come to my mind for his behavior.
Reply 5
Original post by polscistudent88
Did you have something stuck in between your teeth? Is he into you? Is he a native English speaker? Because there are only three reasons that come to my mind for his behavior.

def not. no one else reacts to me in this way? hes def native english speaker
Reply 6
I think you're overreacting in a major way, making a really big deal out of nothing. It's really harsh to come online and start slagging off a nice person to a bunch of internet strangers, that's not nice at all. So what if he likes to act bizarre? No harm in that. Why do some people love to scrutinise others so closely? It's not like he's going around shouting or swearing at people.
Original post by sliceofcake
It sounds like some crap attempt at hypnotism or that PUA style of manipulation.

In no part of "PUA" (I agree that the heavy PUAers are essentially sexual manipulators) does it say "make her think you're too much of a pussy to talk to her."

I am so confused on why noone else has said:

HE OBVIOUSLY LIKES YOU

URH DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
def not. no one else reacts to me in this way? hes def native english speaker

Then I'd think he is into you. Unless it always happens when you are discussing one single topic. In that case there can be some issues with the conversation content.
Reply 9
Hes taken back by your sheer beauty
Reply 10
Original post by Tackla
Hes taken back by your sheer beauty

are you being sarcastic?
Reply 11
bump
Maybe he has something against you??
yes but if you like someone, surely you'd want to talk to them lots and properely?

Maybe he really likes you and is just really nervous, talk to him a few more times and see if he acts the same way :tongue:
Reply 14

I was going to suggest he might be a fish before I got to this part but now I just don't know
Original post by Stinkum
I think you're overreacting in a major way, making a really big deal out of nothing. It's really harsh to come online and start slagging off a nice person to a bunch of internet strangers, that's not nice at all. So what if he likes to act bizarre? No harm in that. Why do some people love to scrutinise others so closely? It's not like he's going around shouting or swearing at people.

She's hardly "slagging him off". And I don't think she said that his behaviour was harmful; IIRC she described it as "strange", which sounds pretty reasonable.
Maybe he's confused about why you're staring into his eyes, and both are you are going to get stuck in an infinite-staring-paradox! :moon:

Or... Maybe you could just ask him. Or point out that it's odd.
Reply 17
bump
Reply 18
bump
Two words: bang bang. That's what he's after

Quick Reply

Latest