The Student Room Group

Eek! Weird rash (I think) on my female area...

First off, I'm not sexually active (I'm a virgin) so I know it's not an STD.

For the last few weeks, my 'female area' (my mons pubis if we're being scientific) has been really itchy. I pay too much attention to it. But now I've had a proper look (after doing some downstairs gardening :tongue:) I've noticed a weird rash or something?

It's hard to explain. It just looks like an area of irritation. I can't really tell what 'colour' it is, as I have black skin it just looks like a weird different shade but at the same time also looks like it's grey/white.

At first I thought it was try so I used some lotion on it, which stopped the itch temporarily but when I went back to look, there was no change.

Anyone know what this could be?
P.S. I'm trying to book a doctors appointment but, urgh, the NHS.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

For the last few weeks, my 'female area' (my mons pubis if we're being scientific) has been really itchy. I didn't pay too much attention to it. But now I've had a proper look (after doing some downstairs gardening :tongue:) I've noticed a weird rash or something?

It's hard to explain. It just looks like an area of irritation. I can't really tell what 'colour' it is, as I have black skin it just looks like a weird different shade but at the same time also looks like it's grey/white.

At first I thought it was try so I used some lotion on it, which stopped the itch temporarily but when I went back to look, there was no change.

Sorry typo!
Reply 2
Have you changed anything that you might be 'using' down there? I.e a different soap or shampoo or something, or even got a new razor if you shave. Sometimes it can just be little things like ingrown hairs or a bad shave, and if you have been scratching then it will leave a rash for a while, a bit of a vicious cycle.
Reply 3
Original post by awe
Have you changed anything that you might be 'using' down there? I.e a different soap or shampoo or something, or even got a new razor if you shave. Sometimes it can just be little things like ingrown hairs or a bad shave, and if you have been scratching then it will leave a rash for a while, a bit of a vicious cycle.

No, I've not been using anything new!
Thanks for your reply!
Reply 4
Have you been getting unusual discharge to? If so it could be an infection like thrush or VB. You can see if your local sexual health clinic does walk-in appointments if you're having trouble getting an appointment with your GP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm try a walk-in clinic. Or, look it up online and go on NHS or other British medical website; the American ones will probably exaggerate symptoms of anything. However, the latter would be a last resort while waiting for an appointment and I wouldn't judge too quickly. It could be a yeast infection or a case of using different products/ hair removal cream etc.
Reply 6
Original post by gemmam
Have you been getting unusual discharge to? If so it could be an infection like thrush or VB. You can see if your local sexual health clinic does walk-in appointments if you're having trouble getting an appointment with your GP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by PricklyPorcupine
Hmm try a walk-in clinic. Or, look it up online and go on NHS or other British medical website; the American ones will probably exaggerate symptoms of anything. However, the latter would be a last resort while waiting for an appointment and I wouldn't judge too quickly. It could be a yeast infection or a case of using different products/ hair removal cream etc.

Yeah, I've been starting to think that it could be an infection of some sort. It's the only thing I can think of..haven't had one before so don't know what to expect!

Thanks though, I'll look up my (not so) local walk in clinic and see what I can do! Stupid GP being closed on a thursday!

If it is an infection, what will happen if I don't do anything about it for a while? Not that I want to do nothing, just preparing for if I can't get an appointment soon/walk in clinic is no help etc...
Reply 7
Yeah, I've been starting to think that it could be an infection of some sort. It's the only thing I can think of..haven't had one before so don't know what to expect!

Thanks though, I'll look up my (not so) local walk in clinic and see what I can do! Stupid GP being closed on a thursday!

If it is an infection, what will happen if I don't do anything about it for a while? Not that I want to do nothing, just preparing for if I can't get an appointment soon/walk in clinic is no help etc...

If its thrush it might get worse or it might clear up on its own. If you can't get seen soon maybe try using some OTC thrush treatment (the generics are fairly cheap) to see if it helps.
Reply 8
Original post by gemmam
If its thrush it might get worse or it might clear up on its own. If you can't get seen soon maybe try using some OTC thrush treatment (the generics are fairly cheap) to see if it helps.

Okay! Hopefully I can get seen soon! Thanks for your help :tongue:
Reply 9
If you shave it could just be shaving rash, especially if your razor is dull or something like that. It's really common to get irritation down there from shaving
I can help you with this.

My methods may be unconventional, but I can help.
Original post by grgrgr
If you shave it could just be shaving rash, especially if your razor is dull or something like that. It's really common to get irritation down there from shaving

I don't usually shave but I have done a couple of times but that was a while ago so I thinks it's unlikely to be that...

Original post by Huskaris
I can help you with this.

My methods may be unconventional, but I can help.

Errmm...how?

For the last few weeks, my 'female area' (my mons pubis if we're being scientific) has been really itchy. I pay too much attention to it. But now I've had a proper look (after doing some downstairs gardening :tongue:) I've noticed a weird rash or something?

Dude! I have this exact same problem, but I'm too embarrassed to go to the GP :/

Quick Reply

Latest