The Student Room Group

Who has studied law?

I was just wondering if it really does take up as much of your time and is as hard as people say?
Relationships forum?!

Depends who, it takes up plenty of time, but I think law students have a tendency to over egg it.
I took law at university this year and I've recently decided to drop out of it (and my exams are in about 2 weeks) because I'm really not liking it (and I'm not great at it, to say the least) and next year is going to be much worse anyway so there's not much point in me personally continuing it. I assumed it would be at least a little bit political (as I love politics) but it wasn't at all - and contract law is extremely dull in my opinion, in fact that's pretty much the reason I'm dropping now, because I was trying to study contract law but I don't have nearly enough enjoyment of it to continue studying it unlike criminal and constitutional law

so my advice with regards to law: if you haven't done law at a level and you don't know what it's like, you're risking being in the situation I'm in; I completely misjudged the course and I'm paying the price for it

and in terms of the time for studying, it can completely depend - I got a 2:1 for a piece of coursework I didn't work too much for, but then I got a 3rd for a piece I worked all night and day for - it really depends on how it clicks with you. on average, it is slightly more work than a level, but in my opinion it's not about the work, it's whether you actually enjoy that work because I could work easily for long periods of time for constitutional law but completely fall asleep within half an hour for contract law
(edited 9 years ago)
It's definitely a lot of work but more than manageable.

Quick Reply

Latest