The Student Room Group

Guys Do You Treat Women With Respect?

Something That ive recently noticed about myself was the lack of respect i give to slags which self admittedly isn't good so im tryna change and treat women with respect.
Thats the main reason why I've decided to cut down messing with them and now Im tryna go for more respectable women because as i said I dont wanna be the guy that continues to disrespect women and treat em like **** but at the same time if im to be honest its hard to respect people that one let people treat them like **** and two have no respect for themselves.

So do you treat them with respect?
Reply 1
I'm still confused about how having lots of sex apparently equals to having no respect for yourself :s-smilie:

And no, I don't treat people differently based on how many people they've slept with.
Reply 2
Stopping calling them 'slags' would be a good start.
Reply 3
I find it weird that anyone would sleep with someone they don't respect in the first place. I agree with ilem that having respect for yourself doesn't have anything to do with how many people you've slept with.
I don't really care about other people's sex lives. But if you find that you have no respect for women who have had a lot of sexual partners then don't sleep with them.
Reply 4
I don't really base my respect on someone around their sex lives.
I really dislike guys like you.

How dare you disrespect someone because they are choosing to have sex with you, by that logic you deserve to be disrespected too.
Reply 6
Nothing wrong with people who want to have lots of sex providing they are safe.

I have a lot of respect for girls who do what they want and stick their middle fingers up to the stereotyping society throws at them.
As long as they give me respect I don't see why I shouldn't.
Original post by matthewduncan
Something That ive recently noticed about myself was the lack of respect i give to slags which self admittedly isn't good so im tryna change and treat women with respect.
Thats the main reason why I've decided to cut down messing with them and now Im tryna go for more respectable women because as i said I dont wanna be the guy that continues to disrespect women and treat em like **** but at the same time if im to be honest its hard to respect people that one let people treat them like **** and two have no respect for themselves.

I've changed the title of this thread as using the word "slag" is just not appropriate and some may find it pretty offensive - if you could consider this in the future that would be super.

Original post by amou
Stopping calling them 'slags' would be a good start.

Definitely a good place to start! :wink:
Original post by keturah
I find it weird that anyone would sleep with someone they don't respect in the first place. I agree with ilem that having respect for yourself doesn't have anything to do with how many people you've slept with.
I don't really care about other people's sex lives. But if you find that you have no respect for women who have had a lot of sexual partners then don't sleep with them.

The reason why Im stopping tbh

You could make a positive first step by dropping your use of misogynist terms like "slags".
Original post by She-Ra
I've changed the title of this thread as using the word "slag" is just not appropriate and some may find it pretty offensive - if you could consider this in the future that would be super.

Definitely a good place to start! :wink:

Will do
I treat people with respect if they have earned it. There is a basic level of respect, such as I respect one as a human. But from then on respect is earned, not given. I don't care what the gender or race is, you do not simply get respect by being born a certain way, it is gained through actions.
The reason why Im stopping tbh

Okay good. When you said you don't treat them with respect, how do you treat them?
Original post by keturah
Okay good. When you said you don't treat them with respect, how do you treat them?

Sometimes like dirt,but most times lets just say i wouldn't treat em like how i would treat classy women.
Sometimes like dirt,but most times lets just say i wouldn't treat em like how i would treat classy women.

How nice of you. Seriously though when you treat them like dirt, don't they react and treat you badly in return?
Original post by keturah
How nice of you. Seriously though when you treat them like dirt, don't they react and treat you badly in return?

What can they do ? its like kim kardashian expecting to be treated like a woman named dame celia marple.
Original post by DiddyDec
I treat people with respect if they have earned it. There is a basic level of respect, such as I respect one as a human. But from then on respect is earned, not given. I don't care what the gender or race is, you do not simply get respect by being born a certain way, it is gained through actions.

I'd agree with that. The idiotic people are those who base that respect on how often someone has sex (nearly always with a sexist attitude within that). I'd base my respect on how kind, how intelligent, how confident, how caring, how passionate, how strong, how proactive, etc, someone is, there's loads of good measures, sexual partners isn't one. With regards to sex, I'd respect someone who makes their own decisions, who doesn't buckle to slut shaming, or to virgin shaming.
I like to think I treat everyone with respect, regardless of sex or sexual habits.
What can they do ? its like kim kardashian expecting to be treated like a woman named dame celia marple.

But the reason why you say you don't respect them is because they sleep around and your doing exactly the same thing. So you obviously don't have any self respect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending