The Student Room Group

Does cramming work for a-levels?

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
It probably works if you understand the content and have been keeping on top of things throughout the year anyway. I think a few weeks is plenty of time to revise though, unless all of your subjects are very memory and facts based.
You've still got time, i wouldn't call it cramming yet! (:
Reply 3
I hope it works!
Worked for me. Though it's probably dependent on the subject :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm might work for GCSEs and maybe AS levels but riskier at A levels. If you start now, it's not exactly cramming
Reply 6
I really have no idea how "4 weeks" left is cramming. I crammed my AS levels (the whole syllabus with past papers) within 4 hours before my exams, generally.
Reply 7
It worked for my AS levels, I was really lazy throughout that whole year and only started revising when study leave started, a week before my first exams and I still did well.
After the stress though I decided to work properly through A2 so I wouldn't be able to tell you about that. But depends on if you have a really good short term memory or not. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by AE96
It worked for my AS levels, I was really lazy throughout that whole year and only started revising when study leave started, a week before my first exams and I still did well.
After the stress though I decided to work properly through A2 so I wouldn't be able to tell you about that. But depends on if you have a really good short term memory or not. :smile:

Wow, that's so good wish I could pull that off! what did you get in your a levels then?:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by ziu
I really have no idea how "4 weeks" left is cramming. I crammed my AS levels (the whole syllabus with past papers) within 4 hours before my exams, generally.

i feel like its cramming because my subjects are all quite essay based mostly to do with memory - like law and psychology loads of case studies to remember! :frown:
Reply 10
Just do as many past papers as possible and learn the mark schemes. Know what examiners want from answers You'll begin to pick up on themes and that'll make it easier to know what information to revise. Even if you do "cram" towards exam day, you'll find it helps.
Reply 11
Original post by AE96

wow, well done! glad it worked for you! :smile: it's much more difficult now without the retakes aswell. Wish jan exams still existed *sigh*
Original post by ziu

You are obviously a child prodigy.
Reply 13
Original post by Old_Simon
You are obviously a child prodigy.

Nope, sorry. I'm only 6 years old.
Reply 14
Original post by arfah
Wow, that's so good wish I could pull that off! what did you get in your a levels then?:smile:

I'm in A2 now and in AS I got A*AAB (B in art - but that didn't have an exam, I just gave up lol) and if you want to know it was A* in media and 2 As in Physics and Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest