The Student Room Group

rules for a fulfilled and Happy Life

Share your opinions on the keys to a fulfilled and happy Life

Wish you all a nice and happy day

live the LIfe
Reply 1
Realise that your existence is insignificant in the grand scheme of things and trying to help others whenever you can :smile:
Ignore the bull**** above. Be rich, powerful and respected.
Reply 3
Original post by cerlohee
Realise that your existence is insignificant in the grand scheme of things)

You really think that's going to lead to a happy life...

Comeon, if anything was ever depressing...
Disregard women. Acquire aesthetics and currency.
Reply 5
Recognise how lucky you are in the grand scheme of things:
- do you have a family?
- do you have a rood over your head?
- do you have food to eat?
- do you have the privilege of an education - I don't think schools make enough of this; kids have no idea
- etc etc

Take every opportunity to tell people they're special and you appreciate them, I think we have a culture in Britain of shying away from this (stiff upper lip) and it affects peoples mental health in a positive or negative way depending on whether they have people around them to lift them up

Eat and drink healthy - like you're actually happy to have a body not hating it and filling it with crap - that doesn't mean you shouldn't treat yourself it's easy to go too far the other way as well

Cuddles, love, sillyness are really important

Don't take yourself too seriously

Always work on improving yourself and education/career and hopefully your salary will follow suit

Maybe have a career where you can actually realise how you're helping people

Keep good people in your life don't spend too much time with people who bring you down, with the negative people you can try and let them know how they affect you and if nothing changes then you're better off spending less time with them

etc etc
Reply 6
Original post by elpistolero7
Disregard women. Acquire aesthetics and currency.

wow really helpful for a PS Helper...:rolleyes:
Reply 7
Original post by Ebony19
You really think that's going to lead to a happy life...

Comeon, if anything was ever depressing...

Nah, just gotta embrace it tbh. I've become less selfish, a lot more willing to see things from other people's perspective, willing to sacrifice short term pleasure for more long term rewards and a ton of other things, too.
Original post by Ebony19
wow really helpful for a PS Helper...:rolleyes:

Those are PS's , this is the society board...

Really dull at detecting a post made in jest, for err a human.
Reply 9
Nah, just gotta embrace it tbh. I've become less selfish, a lot more willing to see things from other people's perspective, willing to sacrifice short term pleasure for more long term rewards and a ton of other things, too.

Okay fair enough but you should also embrace the other side of the debate that actually we're all little miracles... without sounding 'dreamy/airy fairy' :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by tengentoppa
Ignore the bull**** above. Be rich, powerful and respected.

Wise words from the author of the threads "Why do we have to help african countries?" and "Why can't we mock Islam?" :laugh:
Reply 11
Original post by elpistolero7
Those are PS's , this is the society board...

Really dull at detecting a post made in jest, for err a human.

Well I can be forgiven for misreading things posted by a 'virtual person' I've never met before, as a human that is.

Not to mention sarcasm online... always works doesn't it... always...
Original post by Ebony19
Well I can be forgiven for misreading things posted by a 'virtual person' I've never met before, as a human that is.

Not to mention sarcasm online... always works doesn't it... always...

Fair enough.

I do think working hard on your body (being healthy, looking good) and being wealthy are 2 big aspects of having a fulfilled and happy life. There are other things just as important too, but these matter a lot IMO.
Reply 13
Original post by Ebony19
Okay fair enough but you should also embrace the other side of the debate that actually we're all little miracles... without sounding 'dreamy/airy fairy' :biggrin:

Haha not sure about the world "miracles" but we should defo be appreciative!
(edited 10 years ago)
Wise words from the author of the threads "Why do we have to help african countries?" and "Why can't we mock Islam?" :laugh:

Perfectly reasonable thread titles, though perhaps not in your fairy tail world where we should all help each other. :rolleyes:
Find meaning in your life. Live happily. Achieve what you hope to do.
Live. Love. Laugh. And if that fails, be a douche and take your revenge on all those who deserve it :colone: I have heard it works like a charm
Reply 17
interesting .. check this from marx A. MD (50 Golden Rules for a happy and fulfilled LIfe )
Too often we all move around in search of happiness but we really never care to think about what really makes us happy.
Life is not meant to be complex ..
life is meant to be simple and unique.
Because we all share something in common. that which makes us Humans

happy life people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending