The Student Room Group

Brown or black mascara?

Hi ladies :wavey:

I've been using black mascara every now and then, and I've never used brown mascara before. My eyes are large as it is and my eyelashes are already long too, and so I've started to think that black mascara seems a bit too over powering.

Anyway, which mascara do you use for a day to day basis? :colondollar:
Reply 1
I use black because my eyelashes are naturally black anyway :smile:
I don't know if they'd look right if I used brown.

Natural Collection's Lash Curl mascara is really good for an everyday basis and it's only £2.
I also like Benefit's They're Real but it smudges on the top of my eyelids sometimes :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
I either use L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof or Lancome's Hypnose. I've tried brown mascara and didn't see much of a difference. Maybe use an eyelash comb afterwards if you feel like your mascara applies too much? Long eyelashes are a great thing anyway.
I use dark brown, I've always felt that black would be too much on me (but I do have really pale skin), try with a dark brown and see what the difference is, as it's different for everyone :smile:
I use black - my eyelashes are quite light and short so brown doesn't do much for me :redface:
I use Soap and Glory's Thick & Fast mascara or one of the Miss Sporty ones.
Black but my eyelashes are black (or very very dark brown, Im not sure tbh). I dont wear mascara every day or anything but when I do I wear waterproof mascaras because I have sensitive, watery eyes xD
I use Max Factor False Lash Effect in Black/Brown :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 7
I like using black because I feel that it defines my eyes more.
I always used brown for a more natural look but Ive been feeling recently that my face looks a little bland so Ive switched to a black mascara, cant remember tje make off hand though ans have been pleased with the results, so for now im converted back to black.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Black. Although I'm quite fair I have dark brown eyes so brown mascara doesn't really stand out on me, I did used to use brown when I was in school for a more subtle look though. I don't have a particular brand I'm loyal to but I've been using Avon's Super Enchant lately and its pretty good.
I was told by a makeup artist in the body shop that black should be worn on the top eyelashes and brown on the bottom

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending