The Student Room Group

National 5 Maths compared to Higher/Int 2/Credit?

Hey guys, hope studying is going well!

Basically I'm in S5 and I have my options interview on the 12th May and due to me not picking maths in S5 and only getting a 3 for SG, I have to do it in S6. I would like to do Int 2 but my school isn't offering any subject at Int 2 for the next session. I'm just curious to know what Nat 5 is like in comparison to Credit and Int 2 level as this is my only option (unless consortium is available). I was pretty bad at maths, mainly the RE section and I'm quite worried with how I'll cope with it!

Thanks in advance and good luck next week!
Nat 5 is just about the same as Int 2. I know this because I'm in S5 and i am doing int 2 this year and Nat 5 next year as lifeskills maths. All I know is that Nat 5 might follow a bit of the higher course and it mainly follows the Int 2 course with a few bits that Int 2 don't do. One of my friends is the year below me and is doing nat 5 maths and I'm doing Int 2 and the course content is pretty similar apart from a few other bits. (not sure exactly but I think one thing that nat 5 might do is Vectors.)

I hope this helps
Reply 2
I'm doing national 5 maths atm and the only things that have been introduced into it that are different from int 2 are vectors and a tiny bit more about quadratics. It is really not at all different from int 2 and credit so I wouldn't worry about not being able to do int 2. Good luck if you do take it.
Reply 3
Thanks for both replies! Think I will just do Nat 5!

Good luck with the exam!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending