The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Strong disagreement with the article. It has to be, its the guardian afterall...
Reply 2
For a start "most beautiful person in the world" is literally the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. You cannot quantify beauty.

Second, the woman has short hair, hunched shoulders, poor dress sense, and can't smile.

Third, whatever makes you think they chose her because she's black? :rolleyes:
I never imagined the most beautiful person in the world with an under-bite, personally.
She's pretty; I personally wouldn't say the most beautiful woman in the world but I'm not the judge and to be fair, neither are you.
Not Natalie Portman/10.
Reply 6
Original post by elpistolero7
Not Amber Heard/10.

fixed
Original post by bertstare
fixed

She's got nothing on Natalie. That face + a Harvard degree. So much hnnnng.
Reply 8
Original post by elpistolero7
She's got nothing on Natalie. That face + a Harvard degree. So much hnnnng.

also dat sexual stare

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng
Reply 9
Wow, she's really not attractive.
Hey she won the poll :dontknow:

And it's not really The Guardian saying this, People magazine are the ones who done it
(edited 9 years ago)
I think she is astonishingly beautiful and there is no need to a) make this about her race, b) be a bitch about her because she won something.

However, as others have pointed out - there is no one single most beautiful person obviously, and the prize could be more accurately named "attractive celebrity who is trendiest at the moment". I prefer the notion of awarding accolades based upon merit, and of seeing the beauty in everyone, not a select few.
(edited 9 years ago)
Not Jennifer Lawrence/10
Reply 13
Original post by BeanofJelly
I think she is astonishingly beautiful

Maybe the people who decide this for the magazine simply agree between them that this is who they think is most beautiful. Why does there have to be some underlying ulterior motive or conspiracy. I mean it's just a bloody magazine opinion.
Also tbf it's the most beautiful woman not the sexist woman of the year. There is a difference.
I wouldn't say she's the most beautiful woman in the world, but then I'm not even sure who I'd personally give that title to as there are so many gorgeous women out there. She is extremely beautiful though.
Original post by bertstare
-

No, really. I'm amazed by the reactions on this thread.

Look at that skin, that neck, the cheekbones.. she is a composition of beauty. But perhaps no more so than many other, more obscure women.
Reply 18
Original post by KongShou
Not Jennifer Lawrence/10

So overrated that it's not even funny anymore
Original post by Deshi
So overrated that it's not even funny anymore

This means WAR.

Latest