The Student Room Group

FY2 LAT Interview

Hi,

I was wondering, I have an interview for an FY2 LAT job next week. I am currently in a different foundation school but want to move location but won't fulfil special circumstances. You are allowed to transfer with this method.

Anyway, my main question is, what might I expect in the interview? Clinical scenarios? Personality based questions? Should I take some of my eportfolio and audit work with me in paper form?

Also, for anyone working in the Oxford foundation school, where is best to work?

Thanks very much for your help.
Hello,
Would u plz update us how it went? thank you
Reply 2
Hi! goldenhorn,

How did it go? What was the application process like and do you have any advice?
Reply 3
Hi both.

It all went really well and I ended up getting the job that I wanted. I applied to Oxford, which was the first to offer posts and I got interviewed a few weeks later, so only ended up applying for Oxford so can only talk about that.

My advice would be don't be afraid to play to your strengths in the application, and be prompt about returning any applications. Potentially have a CV ready so that you know what to put on. Always talk about experiences and have a few anecdotes that you can pick out and know the details inside out.

Also, you really need to keep an eye out from the start of January, as jobs can start appearing from any time around then.

This has been an excellent move for me and has really worked out, but I'd always say give it a shot as you don't have anything to lose.

If anyone wants any more detail then just send me a message and I'd be more than happy to help :smile:
Reply 4
Hi again, you mentioned the need to keep an eye out from the start of Jan (i.e now) but how did you do that? Did you use the NHS jobs website and search FY2 LAT etc or did you look elsewhere? I'm pretty keen to move foundation schools but getting a bit nervous about the application process.
Reply 5
At the time I was doing it, most jobs were on the NHS jobs website, however, they have now also launched Oriel NHS so I would check both as well as checking the deanery websites themselves. I searched largely for FY2 LAT but sometimes it is worth just trawling through all of the jobs to make sure. If you look closely there is some guidance about FY2 LAT posts available, I think on the FPO website.
Reply 6
Hi GoldenHorn,

I have applied for FY2 LAT at Oxford this year in addition to other foundation schools, as I am an international medical graduate with FY1 completed in Pakistan.
Could you please help in providing details of the interview day. Were there any OSCE stations? Do you remember the questions they asked?
I look forward to your response.

Kind regards.
Reply 7
Hello,did you finally secured any FY2 LAT Position as an international medical graduate?

Latest

Trending

Trending