The Student Room Group

Having a "casual" relationship but I want more, should I tell him?

Basically I met this guy a couple of weeks ago, and I've ended up really liking him now... the only thing is, we sort of agreed that we should stay casual and not date properly because I'm going back to uni really soon and will be an hour or so away, and it's just not feasible to start a new relationship long distance (it's not that far but when you factor in us both having jobs, lives etc, we'd rarely have time to see each other)

so we've met up a couple of times but very informally, like we hang out at each other's houses, we've been pretty intimate and it just seems a shame to let that go when there's a definite spark/chemistry between us, especially when I haven't felt that with anyone in ages.

Idefinitely have feelings for him and I don't want to let this just go but it seems like there's no option but to. should I tell him how I feel and ask if we could give it a go? or just let the whole thing go?
I don't see any harm in telling him :smile: What have you got to lose?
Yes, definitely. Might as well try.
Reply 3
What alcea iacta est said, if you think this will stop soon anyway you really have nothing to lose. For all you know a LDR between you two may work, so there's no harm in telling him :smile: If you don't tell him then you'll be wondering what if for a long time.
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I met this guy a couple of weeks ago, and I've ended up really liking him now... the only thing is, we sort of agreed that we should stay casual and not date properly because I'm going back to uni really soon and will be an hour or so away, and it's just not feasible to start a new relationship long distance (it's not that far but when you factor in us both having jobs, lives etc, we'd rarely have time to see each other)

so we've met up a couple of times but very informally, like we hang out at each other's houses, we've been pretty intimate and it just seems a shame to let that go when there's a definite spark/chemistry between us, especially when I haven't felt that with anyone in ages.

Idefinitely have feelings for him and I don't want to let this just go but it seems like there's no option but to. should I tell him how I feel and ask if we could give it a go? or just let the whole thing go?

What have you got to lose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I suppose that's true, didn't think of it that way! Since it'll be our last time spending time together on Saturday maybe ever, I may as well say something. if I'm never gonna see him again then why not?! Thanks guys :smile: I need this encouragement! Haha. Last time we were together he was talking about how much he liked my uni town and I so should've said "you should come some time then" or something equally smooth. I chickened out!
Reply 6
Tell him. I have a lot of regrets myself here regarding a girl I messed up with recently by being hesitant. People don't wait around when they realise you may just mess them around.
Original post by Anonymous

This. Something about the way you said this made you seem like you really care. Its nice to see a girl taking the initiative if she wants something. And remember, "You're not a failure if you didn't succeed. You're a failure if you didn't try."
Reply 8
Original post by mallinder
This. Something about the way you said this made you seem like you really care. Its nice to see a girl taking the initiative if she wants something. And remember, "You're not a failure if you didn't succeed. You're a failure if you didn't try."

Aw thank you! I definitely think now it's worth saying something, what have I got to lose? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending