The Student Room Group

Dilema: which course do I go for??

I applied to do fashion and textiles at Robert Gordon's university, I couldn't make the interview but sent a digital portfolio instead. They declined but instead offered me an unconditional for 3D Design. I would rather do textiles but this course involves jewellery and I have a bit of experience in jewellery and I'm quite good at it as well as textiles.
I have also applied for a college course at Aberdeen College to do textiles which I SHOULD get into as I've done an NC in art this past year as well as advanced highers the year before. But that's just a 2 year college course and if I then wanted to do a full degree it would take at least 5 years in total rather than 4 years for the 3D design course at RGU.

Is Aberdeen college any good? I've heard good things about RGU but it's just not the course I wanted. It includes jewellery, ceramics, glass and product design.
I'm just completely stuck. Hope this makes sense
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hamich421123
I applied to do fashion and textiles at Robert Gordon's university, I couldn't make the interview but sent a digital portfolio instead. They declined but instead offered me an unconditional for 3D Design. I would rather do textiles but this course involves jewellery and I have a bit of experience in jewellery and I'm quite good at it as well as textiles.
I have also applied for a college course at Aberdeen College to do textiles which I SHOULD get into as I've done an NC in art this past year as well as advanced highers the year before. But that's just a 2 year college course and if I then wanted to do a full degree it would take at least 5 years in total rather than 4 years for the 3D design course at RGU.

Is Aberdeen college any good? I've heard good things about RGU but it's just not the course I wanted. It includes jewellery, ceramics, glass and product design.
I'm just completely stuck. Hope this makes sense
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The simple answer is not to do any course you don't want to do. Take the time out and reapply until you find the right course. You only get one shot at student finance, so don't waste it.

Quick Reply