The Student Room Group

Is it mathematically possible to get an A?

hi

My teacher has told me it is mathermatically iimpossible for me to get an A in biology at A level

however I think he has got the maths wrong, so I am a bit confused

in unit 1 i got 75 UMS
In unit 2 I got 98 UMS (in retaking)
In my AS ISA my best was 39 in UMS
IN my A2 ISA my best was 35 in UMS

I think i stand on a B at the moment

does anyone have any inspirational anecdotal evidence of going from a B to an A?

cheers
Assuming you have 2 more units left, then that's true. Even if you get 100% on those two units your UMS average will be 74.5% which ,as above, is less than the 80% for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Sheldor
Assuming you have 2 more units left, then that's true. Even if you get 100% on those two units your UMS average will be 74.5% which ,as above, is less than the 80% for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

*******s
Reply 3
Original post by Sheldor

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats your maths? by my maths if i get 100% on the two A2 exams i would get 81.1%

im hoping i will rinse the unit 2 retake adn get that up to 120-130 ums
Reply 4
Original post by Law-Hopeful
75+98+39+35+100+100= 447/600 = 74.5% (assuming each module is out of 100 UMS)

i though the two ISAs were out of 60, biol 2 was out of 140 , biol 1 out of a hundred
Reply 5
Original post by george123m
i though the two ISAs were out of 60, biol 2 was out of 140 , biol 1 out of a hundred

they arent all out of 100
Reply 6
hi

My teacher has told me it is mathermatically iimpossible for me to get an A in biology at A level

however I think he has got the maths wrong, so I am a bit confused

in unit 1 i got 75 UMS
In unit 2 I got 98 UMS (in retaking)
In my AS ISA my best was 39 in UMS
IN my A2 ISA my best was 35 in UMS

I think i stand on a B at the moment

does anyone have any inspirational anecdotal evidence of going from a B to an A?

cheers

So for AS you have 212/300 UMS, so far for A2 you have 35/60. For an A, you need 480/600 UMS so you'll need at least 233/240 in your two A2 units.
they arent all out of 100

Ah, my apologies for making that assumption.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending