The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Accommodation at Newcastle

I'm applying for accommodation at Newcastle and I think I will choose Castle Leazes as my first choice. I know that it is mixed gender, but that each floor is either all girls or all boys. On my application, I have to choose if I want a mixed gender place or a single gender. Since I know that I want to choose Castle Leazes, which is it considered - mixed or single? Thanks! x
Castle leazes is fine if you are a party animal? however it is very dated and drab in it's appearance late 60's I think, and the noise is unbearable ,but party people will love it!
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Ernest Hemingway
Castle leazes is fine if you are a party animal? however it is very dated and drab in it's appearance late 60's I think, and the noise is unbearable ,but party people will love it!

Getting confused with Richardson Road there mate...Leazes is lively and not brand spanking new. Certainly wouldn't say it's dated though. Just standard really.
Original post by Kieran-SAFC
Getting confused with Richardson Road there mate...Leazes is lively and not brand spanking new. Certainly wouldn't say it's dated though. Just standard really.

Built in 60's I would say that was dated wouldn't you?
Original post by Ernest Hemingway
Built in 60's I would say that was dated wouldn't you?

All nice and fairly modern inside though...looks fairly new when you look at the virtual tour o the website. Still, a 1960's building isn't that old either. Is the Castle Court part not a newer building than Leazes as well or just more recently refurbished?
Castle Court is the best of Castle Leazes, I think anyway!

Quick Reply