The Student Room Group

People who blame race for not being able to attract a partner

Does anyone get absolutely annoyed by this? I guess I can say it is one of the only things that can 'troll' me. When people say that it is because they are a certain race and can't get x/y/z race because of this. I am sorry, but, it is a load of *******s that belongs in an era that is far gone. I don't know about countries abroad, but we live in the UK, where imo it is way more to do with whether the person him/herself is attractive. Don't blame the whole race like a ****ing coward, no wonder people do not want to know you.

Scroll to see replies

It does get tedious when people say that to be honest. There will be some people who are into your race, no matter what that race is. If you don't attract anyone, something else is the problem.
Reply 2
Original post by Aku-gila
It does get tedious when people say that to be honest. There will be some people who are into your race, no matter what that race is. If you don't attract anyone, something else is the problem.

I hate the idea of grouping people together by the colour of skin. Yes, there are stereotypes for each race. But we are individuals are we not? These people need to accept responsibility, not blame/talk down the whole race of people just because of their frustrations.

If you are hot you are hot, if you are not ... well, it ain't your race that is the problem.
Original post by DurhamXI
Does anyone get absolutely annoyed by this? I guess I can say it is one of the only things that can 'troll' me. When people say that it is because they are a certain race and can't get x/y/z race because of this. I am sorry, but, it is a load of *******s that belongs in an era that is far gone. I don't know about countries abroad, but we live in the UK, where imo it is way more to do with whether the person him/herself is attractive. Don't blame the whole race like a ****ing coward, no wonder people do not want to know you.

What are you talking about? Don't you know that there are a lot of people who refuse to date others within certain races? If you are a black man for example, and you have unrequited attraction to a white female that doesn't date black men, then you can blame race for not being able to attract a partner.

Are you trying to say that the era where people only date within certain races has passed? Are you socially inept? Even if you are, at least threads on TSR will show you this.
Reply 4
Original post by jennaz77
What are you talking about? Don't you know that there are a lot of people who refuse to date others within certain races? If you are a black man for example, and you have unrequited attraction to a white female that doesn't date black men, then you can blame race for not being able to attract a partner.

Are you trying to say that the era where people only date within certain races has passed? Are you socially inept? Even if you are, at least threads on TSR will show you this.

How common is this actually in real life Britain though? I can understand it to be the case in online dating. But, in real life, I see that looks are a far more accurate metric to judge whether people can date other races. Obviously there are factors like religion, but i am talking about race specifically.

I honestly could not see myself dating someone who's not white. I just don't find other races attractive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's true to an extent though....until you meet a girl who isn't bothered about race.
Reply 7
Original post by The pencil one
It's true to an extent though....until you meet a girl who isn't bothered about race.

I did not assert anything about specific individuals? Would Nick Griffin date a Jew? We're talking about entire races here. Just because someone cannot date one certain person, it does not mean much. Certainly not enough to say "it is because I am x/y/z race".
How common is this actually in real life Britain though? I can understand it to be the case in online dating. But, in real life, I see that looks are a far more accurate metric to judge whether people can date other races. Obviously there are factors like religion, but i am talking about race specifically.

What makes you think it is not common? How can you even base this on what you have just seen, or perhaps imagined, happening in everyday life. Even if you want to base it on 'everyday life' by using an example of statistics, around 3% of the British population is black whilst over 80% is white. If everyone jumped into the dating world colourblind, wouldn't it make sense for every black person to have a white partner? However there is a higher preference to choose a partner within your own race which makes most black people choose a black partner despite there being over 20 times more partners to choose from in the white race.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
What makes you think it is not common? How can you even base this on what you have just seen, or perhaps imagined, happening in everyday life. Even if you want to base it on 'everyday life' by using statistics, around 3% of the British population is black whilst over 80% is white. If everyone jumped into the dating world colourblind, wouldn't it make sense for every black person to have a white partner? However there is a higher preference to choose a partner within your own race which makes most black people choose a black partner despite there being over 20 times more men to choose from in the white race.

I was not at all aware that all black people in the UK are women. :lol:
I did not assert anything about specific individuals? Would Nick Griffin date a Jew? We're talking about entire races here. Just because someone cannot date one certain person, it does not mean much. Certainly not enough to say "it is because I am x/y/z race".

It's more common than you might think. There are huge tranches of society where it is essentially social suicide to date someone of a different race.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What makes you think it is not common? How can you even base this on what you have just seen, or perhaps imagined, happening in everyday life. Even if you want to base it on 'everyday life' by using statistics, around 3% of the British population is black whilst over 80% is white. If everyone jumped into the dating world colourblind, wouldn't it make sense for every black person to have a white partner? However there is a higher preference to choose a partner within your own race which makes most black people choose a black partner despite there being over 20 times more men to choose from in the white race.

You worry for the future of the human race when you see posts like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
This is the ultimate Mr Smurf thread.
Reply 13
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
It's more common than you might think. There are huge tranches of society where it is essentially social suicide to date someone of a different race.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Islamists?
White Nationalists?
Chinese pride?
Black skinheads?

Racists are not people tbh.
Reply 14
Original post by Clip
This is the ultimate Mr Smurf thread.

God that guy has been on here for years, he just does not stop.
Reply 15
It annoys me too tbh. God people sound so ****ing pathetic when they say "waaaa it's because I'm (insert race)".
No. No it isn't. It's because you're ugly or have an unappealing personality. I'm black and I'm doing just fine. Likewise with my Asian and other Black friends. The self-pity just grates on me. Either sort yourself out or shut up. It usually tends to be those types who bitch that they can't get a white girl.
Well personally, I don't care about race/skin colour, as long as he shares my religious beliefs.
Reply 17
Original post by Tai Ga
It annoys me too tbh. God people sound so ****ing pathetic when they say "waaaa it's because I'm (insert race)".
No. No it isn't. It's because you're ugly or have an unappealing personality. I'm black and I'm doing just fine. Likewise with my Asian and other Black friends. The self-pity just grates on me. Either sort yourself out or shut up. It usually tends to be those types who bitch that they can't get a white girl.

Yes, in real life too it is ridiculous, these people are always the first to point to race and they are fixated with getting rejected by that one person. Logically they are meant to say that this specific person rejected them because of race, not because their race itself is the problem.

Especially in the case of guys when you know that white girl has had previous partner/s who were that exact ethnicity the guy is whining on about.
I hate the idea of grouping people together by the colour of skin. Yes, there are stereotypes for each race. But we are individuals are we not? These people need to accept responsibility, not blame/talk down the whole race of people just because of their frustrations.

If you are hot you are hot, if you are not ... well, it ain't your race that is the problem.

Yeah I personally don't understand the whole idea of 'not being into a race'. It doesn't make sense to me. However, although some people operate in that way, there are plenty of people who don't discriminate by race when looking for partners. So, if a person can't find anyone, the problem isn't their race.
Original post by momomomo123
Well personally, I don't care about race/skin colour, as long as he shares my religious beliefs.

What a shining example of hypocrisy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending