The Student Room Group

Will I get in to university?

Hi,

I have applied for university, the university I would like to go to is asking for 300 UCAS points which I will definitely be getting, however, I think I'm either going to get a low pass grade or a fail in Accounting, and I want to study accounting at university. So even if I do achieve 300 UCAS points but fail accounting, will I be denied entry? University entry requirements do not specify anything about my concern.
Original post by SFeet
Hi,

I have applied for university, the university I would like to go to is asking for 300 UCAS points which I will definitely be getting, however, I think I'm either going to get a low pass grade or a fail in Accounting, and I want to study accounting at university. So even if I do achieve 300 UCAS points but fail accounting, will I be denied entry? University entry requirements do not specify anything about my concern.

There are several issues here. If a university makes an offer of 300 points but does not specify any subjects, then you will be fine if you get 300 points, regardless of what happens in your accounting exam. However, there is a bigger question of how suited you are to the course you have failed at a lower level than you would be studying at university.
And.... if you have found passing an Accountancy exam as this level this difficult, is Accountancy really the right University course for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending