The Student Room Group

Dropping out of uni and reapplying

Hey guys, basically I'm not entirely happy with the way my course has gone this year at uni, and after giving it a lot of thought, I'm pretty sure I want to leave at the end of the year. I want to do a completely different course, but it's one that my current uni doesn't provide so I'd have to go to a different uni.

My plan is to leave at the end of this year, have a gap year and go full time at the part time job I currently have, and then applying for a different course at a different uni for the 2015/16 academic year.

How would I go about this? There's a few issues such as UCAS and Student Finance... I've had a text saying that I can apply for Student Finance for next year (which I won't need if I drop out, so I haven't done anything with regards to that yet) and I was also thinking about UCAS, because when I applied for the course I do now I did it through sixth form, but this time I'd be doing it on my own - how different is it when you apply by yourself? Do I still need references, and if so, would it be best to get them from my old sixth form?

I've already done a couple of things in recent months that give me something to write about in a new personal statement, so I've been thinking this through a lot! I just need a bit of help on what to do with regards to Student Finance and UCAS.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending