The Student Room Group

Rain check...again?

Hey all,

Curious question but I was due to see someone I have been seeing on/off for the past few months this evening. He texted this afternoon and said he's not very well, so thinks it's best we put a rain check on our meeting this evening. That's fine, but this is now the 2nd time he's done this to me!

I have just replied back to his message and more or less said ok - but rain check, reschedule, or rain check 'knock this on the head?'' Was that message a little rude/too blunt, or is it just best to be blunt and honest? I figured that way I know where I stand and if he wishes to take the latter route, I can move on with my life.

Thoughts? :confused::confused:
I don't think it's too blunt. I agree that it is best to be sure he wants to meet up and isn't having second thoughts and, as you said, if it is the latter you can move on :smile:.
Reply 2
Original post by PosionedMushroom
I don't think it's too blunt. I agree that it is best to be sure he wants to meet up and isn't having second thoughts and, as you said, if it is the latter you can move on :smile:.

Ok, thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being rude, but at the same time think what I've said is pretty clear and to the point.
Lol, it's something what my girlfriend would say if she gets mixed messages. Before I used to think its too blunt, but now being with her for so long, I've gotten used to it :tongue: Depends what the guy is like to be honest - it'll help clear up stuff between you two because you want to sound authoritative and not be driven by him.
Reply 4
Original post by Stickman
Lol, it's something what my girlfriend would say if she gets mixed messages. Before I used to think its too blunt, but now being with her for so long, I've gotten used to it :tongue: Depends what the guy is like to be honest - it'll help clear up stuff between you two because you want to sound authoritative and not be driven by him.

Well he was the one who started off pursuing me; took me out on dates, regular contact and etc. He suggested the we see each other, I picked this evening (Thurs), and he chose the time. Cosy night in with a DVD was the plan in bed! So I don't know what the heck is going on - so figured it's better to be blunt than pussy foot around. He is an honest and blunt guy; we've been honest and open with each other from the start.

So no idea really what is going on, so thought being this to the point will help clear things up. Although I think he's going to say 'knock it on the head'...which is fair enough. I can move on and find someone who is actually interested in a relationship and not just casual meetings!
Reply 5
.....As the saying goes "Actions speak louder than words"....heard nothing since my blunt but honest message yesterday. So I think it's safe to say it's over.

Moving on :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending