The Student Room Group

English igcse coursework help

Hey guys im new to this forum, however i need help with my English igcse coursework and was wondering if any of you's could mark it for me so i can improve it toward and A :smile: thanks. down below i have listed two coursework different topic but yh lets begin!

TOPIC 2 : The Independent

Jerome Taylor
The Independent
Religious Affairs Correspondent

Mr Taylor,

It saddens me to hear about Tony Nicklinson’s situation however, I feel it is correct not to allow Tony Nicklinson to end his life because all life is valuable. I understand that Nicklinson suffers from locked in syndrome which was caused by a stroke; this condition must be devastating because he is unable to move or communicate verbally. Yet, I am still in no doubt that he should not be allowed to end his life.

Although Mr Nicklinson has a poor quality of life and no dignity, he still has a family and has still got his mind. He should be grateful and thank God for his existence. Life is life. People who choose the right to die may regret what they have done if a cure is discovered…..we do not get a second chance. He is still part of a family. How would he feel if he had a grandchild and he was not there?

Some people may consider that the money that has been spent on Mr Nicklinson and the excellent, expensive care provided for him at home is a waste of money and a drain of the National Health Service but on the other hand he paid for his taxes therefore this means Mr Nicklinson is entitled to receive his treatment such as: special adapted wheelchairs, equipment, and his care. Mr Nicklinson needs this because he’s dependent on others which is a strain on his family who feed like a baby. Whilst I believe that Mr Nicklinson should make use of the National Health Service, I am beginning to understand his feelings of devastation and worthlessness. He has the full support of his family and should fight to stay alive for their sake.

Some people may argue that it is the “right to die” should be allowed. Well I find this outrageous because no one chooses the time to die no matter what state they’re in; yes he may have locked in syndrome but he should be grateful to be alive to see the next day. On the other hand some people may think the right to die should be legal because if we are allowed to put our pets out of their misery why not put someone you love out of thier misery? Despite this, we are not animals but human beings. We must be treated differently.

I understand Mr Nicklinson’s point of view but I still disagree that the right to die should be legal because people will take advantage of vulnerable people. If you allow Mr Nicklinson you would put vulnerable citizens of the UK in danger. We could be putting people at risk by their families exploiting them for their money or property and literally getting away with murder.

Parallel to this, doctors should not be allowed to kill their patients no matter what the circumstances! This gives them too much power. Some people may argue that they make life and death decisions every day therefore they have the knowledge and experience to make such difficult choices however, this power is too much to place on one individual and may leave them emotionally scarred.

The right to die is an emotional subject and should not be legal in any country or given power to unless be prosecuted, this is because people could take advantage over vulnerable people because of their money or their property. Such power should not be given to one individual: to choose if a patient should live or die.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Bump please some 1 any1 help me mark it?
Reply 3
thanks you so much for the help but yh if you could hep me improve my other oe it would be great, thanks
Reply 4
Original post by danieljames975
Well it's your coursework and I've already helped you with one, so I think I've already helped a lot :smile:

haha well can you mark both coursework for me if tats okay or just one if it you want... liike the story i made.. im currently aiming for A but if i dont reach the grade just tell me what i cn do to improve it thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending