The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Anyone living in Leicester and going DMU?

Just thought I'd start this thread seeing as ive seen so many posts for people moving to Leicester! Anyone local and applying to DMU?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
THAT'S WHERE I'M GOING!

I actually already live in Leicester but I want to go into Halls because I want to make some friends (bit lame I know haha) and try being independent whilst not being TOO far away from home. Plus, I have a little Axolotl to feed so I needed to stay close to home. :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Jazolotl
THAT'S WHERE I'M GOING!

I actually already live in Leicester but I want to go into Halls because I want to make some friends (bit lame I know haha) and try being independent whilst not being TOO far away from home. Plus, I have a little Axolotl to feed so I needed to stay close to home. :smile:

Hahaha I was thinking about Halls as well because its much more easier to make new friends? And same here I plan to be more independent as well! Cant wait until uni starts
Reply 3
Original post by khuzi_r
Hahaha I was thinking about Halls as well because its much more easier to make new friends? And same here I plan to be more independent as well! Cant wait until uni starts

Yeah! I have the tendency to accidentally isolate myself because I am so comfortable just being amongst my own thoughts. But I'm beginning to regret living like that now and want to try and push myself to be more sociable; and I figured that if I was LIVING with new people I'd at least have to say hello or something haha. Plus it's a way of seeing if I'd be able to cope with living away from home without being too far away. I can't wait either, I'm really hoping to find some confidence and friendship.
Reply 4
I'll be sure to greet you lovely freshers :sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Ggmu!
I'll be sure to greet you lovely freshers :sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha you seem to be a fellow student at DMU? how was your first year?
Reply 6
Original post by Jazolotl
Yeah! I have the tendency to accidentally isolate myself because I am so comfortable just being amongst my own thoughts. But I'm beginning to regret living like that now and want to try and push myself to be more sociable; and I figured that if I was LIVING with new people I'd at least have to say hello or something haha. Plus it's a way of seeing if I'd be able to cope with living away from home without being too far away. I can't wait either, I'm really hoping to find some confidence and friendship.

Im sure you'll get loads of new friendships and even more haha its an exciting and nervous time for us freshers but should be all good! Im hoping to get more independent and just have fun cuz thats what uni is about
Reply 7
Original post by khuzi_r
Hahaha you seem to be a fellow student at DMU? how was your first year?

It's OK. Leicester is a boring place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Ggmu!
It's OK. Leicester is a boring place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that's.. reassuring!
Reply 9
Original post by littlefawn
Well that's.. reassuring!

Lol Leicester is generally dead. Nights out are so repetitive and just boring. Locals are weird, didn't enjoy being around them.

Dmu has a choice of some fine ladies though, Leicester ain't got **** on us there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Ggmu!
Lol Leicester is generally dead. Nights out are so repetitive and just boring. Locals are weird, didn't enjoy being around them.

Dmu has a choice of some fine ladies though, Leicester ain't got **** on us there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyy! Who says Leicester is boring! It is fun and cultural haha and there's always Nottingham/Derby/Birmingham all of which are close
Reply 11
Original post by khuzi_r
Heyy! Who says Leicester is boring! It is fun and cultural haha and there's always Nottingham/Derby/Birmingham all of which are close

Republic is the only place to go really.

Cultural = too many brown faces

That's the only good thing, birmz is near.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Ggmu!
Republic is the only place to go really.

Cultural = too many brown faces

That's the only good thing, birmz is near.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woahh you really are not impressed with Leicester are you? Hahaha and what do you study at DMU?:smile:
Reply 13
Original post by khuzi_r
Woahh you really are not impressed with Leicester are you? Hahaha and what do you study at DMU?:smile:

Lool I like it still. Freedom and everything, plus there are more Asians in Leicester than in London which is a welcome change from an area where I was the only minority.

Business management. Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Ggmu!
Lool I like it still. Freedom and everything, plus there are more Asians in Leicester than in London which is a welcome change from an area where I was the only minority.

Business management. Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are more asians in Leicester than any other place I know well except Wembley and all that of course haha but I get what your saying as I used to live in Reading where Asians were scarce! And im hoping to do Business Information Systems.... I actually considered Business Management but was put off somehow? How is it anyway? :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a shame. I'm moving there from Singapore and here we pretty much have new events and stuff all the time! Hopefully Leicester will catch on and it'll change?
I'll be travelling up to Newcastle quite often so I guess it doesn't matter too much? But still that sucks haha.

Original post by khuzi_r

Hey you could help me get around! I'm new to Leicester and you seem to enjoy it there n_n
Reply 16
Original post by khuzi_r
There are more asians in Leicester than any other place I know well except Wembley and all that of course haha but I get what your saying as I used to live in Reading where Asians were scarce! And im hoping to do Business Information Systems.... I actually considered Business Management but was put off somehow? How is it anyway? :smile:

Lol yeah I know, but there weren't any in my part of London. I don't mind it though, all colours are the same in the end.

Oh OK. It's quite easy first year to be honest, I have hardly had to do proper work lol. First year should be fun for you :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
That's a shame. I'm moving there from Singapore and here we pretty much have new events and stuff all the time! Hopefully Leicester will catch on and it'll change?
I'll be travelling up to Newcastle quite often so I guess it doesn't matter too much? But still that sucks haha.

Hey you could help me get around! I'm new to Leicester and you seem to enjoy it there n_n

Sure I dont mind? Leicester is pretty easy to get around once you get your basics straight haha there's High cross Shopping Centre, the Curve, Cinema De Lux ermmm... a few more shopping centres, the meridian business park I think it is and much more haha and woow all the way from Singapore? Leicester must have really appealed to you haha what are you planning to study?
Reply 18
Original post by Ggmu!
Lol yeah I know, but there weren't any in my part of London. I don't mind it though, all colours are the same in the end.

Oh OK. It's quite easy first year to be honest, I have hardly had to do proper work lol. First year should be fun for you :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

True say race and ethnic minority doesn't matter at the end of the day and yeah the first year seems pretty alright? I think il be glad especially after working so hard for my a levels haha and hows DMU for social stuff? Ive heard that the societies are pretty good once you get involved.... any truth in that? :smile:
Reply 19

Maybe it's just me and the fact I resemble an old man more than a teenager lol. There are little events I suppose, but nothing I thought was worth it :frown: I suppose if you come to Leicester, you'll have to tear it up and bring it to life!

Newcastle on the other hand, is buzzing. Much better nightlife from what I've heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending