Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Jelkin
GCSEs: 8 A*, 2*
As/A-levels: AAAAAaa Dist (including general studies :redface:)
Course at Durham: English
Unconditional offer
College: Hild Bede
Don't be embarrassed! Silly gurl.

GCSEs: 6A*, 2A, B.
A-Levels - AAAAAAa (including general studies :redface:)
Course at Durham: Some science *******s that is obviously made up (code: ****)
AAA offer in Maths, Physics and Chemistry only. ********s.
College: Collingwood, because it looked like it was Autumnal!!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
scintillo
Hmm...? They understood you would have been able to get 36 points if it just wouldn't have been for all that sport?

yes..specifically sport injury..they just understood that I would have gotten more points if i would have not been in pain and on painkillers during the three exam weeks:smile:
Reply 42
lakeofcake
GCSE's: 3A* 3A 3B 1C
A Level: Physics-A Chemistry-A Maths-A Music Tech-B
Course: Physics and Astronomy
Conditional Offer: AAB (AA physics and maths)
College: Aidans

Is that for this year? Or are you already in?
Reply 43
GCSEs: 6A*s 3As 2Bs
A-Levels: ABB
Other Stuff: Arkwright Engineering Scholarship
Course at Durham: MEng Engineering
Conditional Offer: ABB
College: Cuths (2nd Year)
Reply 44
GCSEs: 7 A*s, 4 As.
A-levels: AAAA
Other Stuff: Tiddlywinks Champion 2002-2004.
Course: Maths.
Conditional offer: AAB (I think.)
College: Trevs (2nd year)
GCSE: 4A* 1A 4B
A-Levels: AAAb (maths, physics, chem, AS bio)
Course: MSci Theoretical Physics
Offer: AAB (any order)
College: Van Mildert (3rd year)
Reply 46
I only ever took 1 GCSE, then I moved. It looks really weird on my CV.
Reply 47
Oh, and maybe I should mention (for the benefit of applicants, possibly...?) that last year when I applied it was more like:

GCSEs: 8A*, 2A
AS Levels: aaaaaa (including general studies :redface:)
Prediction: AAAAA (I imagine, including general studies. :redface: not sure about the AS I picked up though, as I'd never done it before!)
Offer: AAA (English and any 2 out of Music, Maths and History)

EDIT: 1 GCSE? Ha ha, why did you take one? Don't most people take them all at once? Presumably you have other qualifications to make it seem less strange...
Reply 48
I took spanish GCSE one year early and moved to Luxembourg the following year and did the European Baccalaureate. As such, we don't actually have GCSE's or equivalent in central europe.
Reply 49
In a way, it might look good, because it'll fill up the page with qualifications more in your CV! :biggrin:
Reply 50
I suppose so. However it also looks like I dropped out. I've been asked that by employers before.
Jelkin
Oh, and maybe I should mention (for the benefit of applicants, possibly...?) that last year when I applied it was more like:

GCSEs: 8A*, 2A
AS Levels: aaaaaa (including general studies :redface:)
Prediction: AAAAA (I imagine, including general studies. :redface: not sure about the AS I picked up though, as I'd never done it before!)
Offer: AAA (English and any 2 out of Music, Maths and History)

show off :rolleyes: :p:
Reply 52
:frown:

I'm sorry
Reply 53
I'm a show-off, but I'm still winning!

However, I am strangely jealous of Christo's tiddlywink championage! Though I did come runner up in the doubles tourny in Chelmsford for badminton! Hurrah.

I suck.
Reply 54
I used to go to chess club, AND I'm rubbish at it!

I suck more!
Reply 55
I turned to fly fishing buy my parents made me stop when I came back with an interesting looking earing, 3 pairs of sunglasses, a hat, a finger and an eyelid.
Reply 56
I have two eyelids and several fingers - I'm surprised my parents don't throw me out....

EDIT: hang on, did you CATCH those things? Are you sure it was an eyelid? how could you tell? It may have been skin off my toe from last year's summer holiday...that was a bad one.
Reply 57
I hope you guys come to meetups, we could have some hella good times. Caught an eyelid, that's one of the most hillarious things I've ever heard.
Reply 58
I'll come! Me! Pick me!
Reply 59
Fabtastic. It's not by invitation, though we may have to start becoming selective!! I think we had the best ever year for TSR Durhamites given our forum activity and our meetups - but that's because were all very cool people. Shame we lost some regulars after summer though, as no doubt will happen this year too.

First meetup will prob be toward last 2 weeks of term one, officially anywho. Give us all time to settle down and whatnot.. but we kinda just set **** up on here and everyone sticks their thumbs up and says...

ehhhhhhh!

Latest