The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
MasterBlaster
yes..specifically sport injury..they just understood that I would have gotten more points if i would have not been in pain and on painkillers during the three exam weeks:smile:

Oh, that can't have been fun. :hugs: I was in the IB too so I can (kind of) imagine what that would have been like :eek: .The injury healing OK?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 61
robbie my boy. that wasnt a Fonzie attempt now, was it? :smile:
Jelkin
I used to go to chess club, AND I'm rubbish at it!

I suck more!

I was only joking but you had to get personal didn't you. :mad: :mad:

:p:
Must say as well that everyones achievements so far are making me very insecure, reinforcing my opinion that i have no business here in the first place.

Well done people :biggrin:
scintillo
Oh, that can't have been fun. :hugs: I was in the IB too so I can (kind of) imagine what that would have been like :eek: .The injury healing OK?

mm so so, just takes soooooooooooooooooo long! another 2 months probably...how were ur exams? are u going to Durham?
Reply 65
RobbieC
I hope you guys come to meetups, we could have some hella good times. Caught an eyelid, that's one of the most hillarious things I've ever heard.

Am I not enough Robbie? Eh? Eh?! :bawling: *sniff sniff*

MasterBlaster
mm so so, just takes soooooooooooooooooo long! another 2 months probably...how were ur exams? are u going to Durham?

I tore my ankle ligament (the talo-fibular one) and it was pretty messed up. Out for 6 and a half months. The first time I kicked a ball afterwards was the trials for Hild Bede. I still don't feel fully fit, and I've lost at least a yard of pace. At least I can still play though (and I was rather fast to start with so it's not too bad). Being injured for a long time is the worst thing ever. Soul destroyingly depressing.
Reply 67
Don't talk to me about injuries :frown:
I had one operation today and was meant to have a knee op in sept, but I didn't fancy being on crutches in Durham so am having it 6 days before Christmas instead....so am having to grin and bear the pain for 4 more months :frown:.
Rach:)
Don't talk to me about injuries :frown:
I had one operation today and was meant to have a knee op in sept, but I didn't fancy being on crutches in Durham so am having it 6 days before Christmas instead....so am having to grin and bear the pain for 4 more months :frown:.

*collective :frown: *
Reply 69
Am I not enough Robbie? Eh? Eh?! :bawling: *sniff sniff*

MORE than enough my dear. But if other people come then it will keep us initial cool ones on our toes, and we'll be EVEN COOLER. OMG.
goldenbarnes
I tore my ankle ligament (the talo-fibular one) and it was pretty messed up. Out for 6 and a half months. The first time I kicked a ball afterwards was the trials for Hild Bede. I still don't feel fully fit, and I've lost at least a yard of pace. At least I can still play though (and I was rather fast to start with so it's not too bad). Being injured for a long time is the worst thing ever. Soul destroyingly depressing.

yeah I know, I had several smalll injuries before..which included broken bone in arm, and achilles problems..but tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in my knee was probably the worst injury and worst life experience so far.) ...i got the injury IN OCTOBER 2005 (btw - IT WAS A BRIT WHO INJURIED ME:smile:)))!! and was only operated in April, so i missed quite a bit of football, and hence lost my place in the team:frown: but i should start in October..so perfect timing for uni football:wink:...

sorry rachel for coming back to injuries....ur not the only one having a knee surgery...i need to have one too..probably a week before freshers week ..they want to remove my screws from my knee:frown:
So i agree - "collective :frown:"
Reply 71
MasterBlaster
..but tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in my knee was probably the worst injury and worst life experience so far.)

That's whats wrong with my knee :frown: :frown:
Except I've damaged the cartalige on both sides of my knee and possibly snapped the ligament :frown: :bawling:
Reply 72
RobbieC
MORE than enough my dear. But if other people come then it will keep us initial cool ones on our toes, and we'll be EVEN COOLER. OMG.

:biggrin:

Is that possible?! :rolleyes:

Only joking!! :p:
Reply 73
We are all immensely cool. Cooler than Smarties Ice Creams infact. And you can't get much cooler than those bad boys!
Reply 74
Itchynscratchy
Must say as well that everyones achievements so far are making me very insecure, reinforcing my opinion that i have no business here in the first place.

Well done people :biggrin:

You have no business HEEEEEERE, Gandalf the GREEEEY

I'm sorry, that just popped into my head. And don't be silly - you got in, thus you are Durham worthy and, therefore, the ****. Group hug!

Re: horrid accidents, last summer holiday in Spain on the second day I fell into the pool (totally sober, might I add, just to make it worse) and somehow took lots of skin off the bottom of my big toe and the side of my foot. (The skin itself was left on the side of the pool - God knows what happened to it.) Cue hysteria - after pain and doctors and all manner of horrid things that I won't sicken everyone by going into detail about, I spent the rest of the holiday in a wheelchair hired from a Spanish pub (?) and couldn't really walk for the rest of the summer. To make matters worse, one of our friends turned into a psycho and after one argument left me in the street in my wheelchair at about 3am. At the bottom of a hill.

That was the worst holiday ever.

/self-indulgence
Reply 75
See, this is why people should not go to spain on holiday
Reply 76
Go to Bognor Regis instead, much safer...
That's whats wrong with my knee :frown: :frown:
Except I've damaged the cartalige on both sides of my knee and possibly snapped the ligament :frown: :bawling:

oh oh...i actually feel sorry for u..havent u like done a MRI?? cuz that was the first thing my doctor said I had to do....a MRI shows whether the ligament is ruptured or not...
Reply 78
MasterBlaster
oh oh...i actually feel sorry for u..havent u like done a MRI?? cuz that was the first thing my doctor said I had to do....a MRI shows whether the ligament is ruptured or not...

Thanks. Yeah I had an MRI but although it showed the cartilage damage, it didn't show the extent of the ligament damage.....apparently it was 'unconclusive'.....:frown:
So am having keyhole to find out and sort it out.....was meant to be having it next month, but they wanted to do it 4 days before I'm going back to Durham, and I didn't fancy being on crutches for weeks in Durham. So am having it 6 days before Christmas instead....joy. So will just have to grin and bear the pain! Really really hope it's not snapped.....reeeeeeally don't want to have a reconstruction :dong:. Will have to have a cast from hip to ankle for 6 weeks.....I had oen for a bit when I did it....and let me tell you it's not very fun flying with one of those horrible things on! :frown:
Thanks. Yeah I had an MRI but although it showed the cartilage damage, it didn't show the extent of the ligament damage.....apparently it was 'unconclusive'.....:frown:
So am having keyhole to find out and sort it out.....was meant to be having it next month, but they wanted to do it 4 days before I'm going back to Durham, and I didn't fancy being on crutches for weeks in Durham. So am having it 6 days before Christmas instead....joy. So will just have to grin and bear the pain! Really really hope it's not snapped.....reeeeeeally don't want to have a reconstruction :dong:. Will have to have a cast from hip to ankle for 6 weeks.....I had oen for a bit when I did it....and let me tell you it's not very fun flying with one of those horrible things on! :frown:

I completely understand, i just had a ACL in April:smile:)on my MRI it also wasnt clear..doctor said at first only 20% of it was damaged..but then he changed his mind and said it was 90:smile:)..and then after the surgery he said it was 100:smile: and it wasnt a ****ty docotr, just a ligament injury is difficult to identify..

The most frustrating thing after any knee injury, is that u lose SO MUCH MUSCLE MASS , its incredible..I lost 5kg of muscle mass in my left thigh..so it looks really funny/skinny now..

ah btw...just a stupid question..but are u gonna have a spinal anaesthetic or a full one?

Latest