The Student Room Group

Easy English correction...please help!!

I'm not a native English speaker and having trouble :frown:
Plese correct any grammar mistakes and awkward phrases...

1. My topic is colonization of Japan in Asia. Beginning in 1900s, Japan began to take control of many countries’ possessions and countries as well. They colonized Korea in 1910; most of family was changed their name to Japanese names. Japanese is taught in schools. Korea and other Asian countries overcome this Japanese behavior at end of World War II.

Brendan a university student in the UK in his twenties went often to his university by subway. Every day he would travel form his home in East London to his university in West London. Along the way he see often the same people businesspeople doctors teachers and students. One day he decided to talk to one of her fellow subway passengers. Most of people on subway were looking at their phones or reading newspaper. He chose one person who was looking at some of signs on the subway. Their conversation changed his life.
(edited 9 years ago)
1. My topic is colonization of Japan in Asia. Beginning in the 1900's, Japan began to take control of many countries’ possessions and countries. They colonized Korea in 1910; most families changed their name to Japanese names. Japanese is taught in schools. Korea and other Asian countries overcame this Japanese behaviour at the end of World War II.

Brendan, a university student in the UK in his twenties, often went to his university by subway. Every day he would travel form his home in East London to his university in West London. Along the way he would often see the same people; business people, doctors, teachers, and students. One day he decided to talk to one of his fellow subway passengers. Most of people on subway were looking at their phones or reading newspaper. He chose one person who was looking at some of signs on the subway. Their conversation changed his life.
Original post by ryan9900
1. My topic is colonization of Japan in Asia. Beginning in the 1900s, Japan began to take control of many countries’ possessions and countries. They colonized Korea in 1910; most families changed their name to Japanese names. Japanese is taught in schools. Korea and other Asian countries overcame this Japanese behaviour at the end of World War II.

Brendan, a university student in the UK in his twenties, often went to his university by subway. Every day he would travel from his home in East London to his university in West London. Along the way he would often see the same people; business people, doctors, teachers, and students. One day he decided to talk to one of his fellow subway passengers. Most of people on subway were looking at their phones or reading a newspaper. He chose one person who was looking at some of the signs on the subway. Their conversation changed his life.

i made a few more changes :wink:
Original post by the bear
i made a few more changes :wink:

1. My topic is colonization of Japan in Asia. Beginning in the 1900s, Japan began to take control of many countries’ possessions and countries. They colonized Korea in 1910; most families changed their name to Japanese names. Japanese is taught in schools. Korea and other Asian countries overcame this Japanese behaviour at the end of World War II.

Brendan, a university student in the UK in his twenties, often went to his university by subway. Every day he would travel from his home in East London to his university in West London. Along the way he would often see the same people; business people, doctors, teachers, and students. One day he decided to talk to one of his fellow subway passengers. Most of the people on the subway were looking at their phones or reading a newspaper. He chose one person who was looking at some of the signs on the subway. Their conversation changed his life.

I made some more :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest