The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Introduce yourself 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DethstarReqiuem
Hi James :smile:

I don't know exactly how big she is but I'd say her body can't be much longer than 30cm (excluding tail and head) - she looks too big too be a kitten and too small to be fully grown so she'll forever look like a teenage cat!

Well done for managing to stick to finishing the books before watching- I'm still on the second book and it's much less exciting when you already know the plot! That's pretty cool that Hodor does DJing, will have to check that out haha!

Cute! I had to Google World's Smallest Cat and I found this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH-A7370WrM haha. I have to admit, I'm struggling on book 4. Attention span fail haha.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

:smile:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by AberystwythUni_James
Cute! I had to Google World's Smallest Cat and I found this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH-A7370WrM haha. I have to admit, I'm struggling on book 4. Attention span fail haha.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

:smile:

Wow that cat really is small! :tongue: makes Nancy seem pretty average in comparison- though part of the reason I thought she was smaller than average could be because my aunt has quite big cats and can't get over the difference when she visits. Yeah I always read something lighter alongside the Game of Thrones books for when my attention span runs out :biggrin:

Thanks, will do :smile:
Original post by Geena-
I was looking through other university forums and they had threads like this. Basically, give us your name, where you're from, and what you're studying and three fun facts about you.

I'll start;

Name: Geena/Georgina
Where I'm From: Buckinghamshire!
What I'm Studying: Economics (L100)
Three fun facts: I'll get back to this one when I can think..

Im new to Aber havent yet begun but im looking forward to it

Name: William but people call me Sean
Where I'm from: London
What i'm studying: Business economics

Fun fact: let me get back to you on that

I notice you study economics, the modules are pretty close to business economics, whats your personal opinion on the course do you enjoy it and it difficult to get the hang of it
Reply 63
Original post by billiam123
Im new to Aber havent yet begun but im looking forward to it

Name: William but people call me Sean
Where I'm from: London
What i'm studying: Business economics

Fun fact: let me get back to you on that

I notice you study economics, the modules are pretty close to business economics, whats your personal opinion on the course do you enjoy it and it difficult to get the hang of it

Hey, i'm starting the course in september too, so we may be in the same lectures!
Original post by Geena-
Hey, i'm starting the course in september too, so we may be in the same lectures!

oohh you're just starting in september too, haha most likely, looking forward to it
(edited 9 years ago)
Name: Jack
Where I'm From: Birmingham
What I'm Studying: Accounting and Finance
Three fun facts:
-I decided to go to Aberystwyth yesterday because it looked fun :smile:
-I have a chest abnormality (fun?)
-I ran out of fun facts and am passing this off as a fun fact! (wow) (amazing) (applause)

Hope to see you guys there, just got a verbal offer through clearing and am waiting to be released on UCAS so I'm just introducing myself preemptively!
Original post by INSUFFICIENTDATA
Three fun facts:
-I ran out of fun facts and am passing this off as a fun fact! (wow) (amazing) (applause)

Hope to see you guys there, just got a verbal offer through clearing and am waiting to be released on UCAS so I'm just introducing myself preemptively!

Hi Jack :smile:

Welcome to the forum! If you need any help or have any questions just let me know! Good luck with being released in UCAS. If you want to chat to students who are coming in September 2014 then search for "2014 Aberystwyth University Social Group" on Facebook :smile:

Cheers,
James
Three fun facts:

I'm in the exact same position as you with waiting to be released!

Name: Emma-Jayne

Where I'm from: The middle of nowhere in Northern Ireland

What i'm studying: Biology

Fun facts :
- I'm freaking out about leaving my dogs 😳
- I picked Aberystwyth today because I already had researched it.
- I'm quite excited about September now!
Original post by emma-jayne1995

Fun facts :
- I'm freaking out about leaving my dogs

Hi Emma-Jane :smile:

Welcome to the forum :biggrin:

It's great that you did a bit of research! I can't wait to welcome you and all the other 1st years to #Faberystwyth in September!

If you need any help or have any Qs just drop me a message :smile: Also search for "2014 Aberystwyth University Social Group" on Facebook

James
Original post by AberystwythUni_James
Hi Jack :smile:

Welcome to the forum! If you need any help or have any questions just let me know! Good luck with being released in UCAS. If you want to chat to students who are coming in September 2014 then search for "2014 Aberystwyth University Social Group" on Facebook :smile:

Cheers,
James

Thanks James, I'll head over there :smile:

Fun facts :
- I'm freaking out about leaving my dogs ������

I've been released now, just waiting for 5 so I can put Aber down in the clearing things :biggrin:
Have you been released yet? If not just give it a little longer, one of my friends didn't get released until a little while ago!
Reply 70
Name: Edouard Payne
Where I'm from: The lovely city of London
What I'm studying: Business Economics and Computer Science
Three fun facts:
-I actually used to live in North Wales before moving to London, my dad is Welsh so I'm...going back to my heritage.
-Love visiting and taking part in comdey gigs!
-Lucky enough to have written for theGuardian once :smile:
Original post by Ed_P
Name: Edouard Payne
Where I'm from: The lovely city of London
What I'm studying: Business Economics and Computer Science
Three fun facts:
-I actually used to live in North Wales before moving to London, my dad is Welsh so I'm...going back to my heritage.
-Love visiting and taking part in comdey gigs!
-Lucky enough to have written for theGuardian once :smile:

Hi Edouard,

Welcome to the Forum :smile:

Also, welcome back to Wales! We have lots of comedy nights here in Aberystwyth, you're going to love it.

If you need anything, just get in touch. Also, meet a few of your fellow Freshers on the 2014 Aberystwyth University Social Group :smile:

Cheers,
James
Thanks James, I'll head over there :smile:

I've been released now, just waiting for 5 so I can put Aber down in the clearing things :biggrin:
Have you been released yet? If not just give it a little longer, one of my friends didn't get released until a little while ago!

I'm still not released :frown: I am actually going to a meeting with the university tomorrow about it all. Strange way of doing things... So hopefully I'll be released in the morning after that! Sucks not knowing what's going on haha

So anyone know way accomodation is the best? :smile:
Name: Gregory Ebbs
Where I'm from: Whitchurch, Shropshire
What I'm studying: Military History and International Relations
Three fun facts:
-I used to live in North Wales before moving to Whitchurch because the nearest college in Harlech was a 2 hour train journey there and back.
-I love caving and going into old abandoned mineshafts, something i hope to pursue in Uni with one of the societies
-I love collecting antiques for some bizarre reason. Something about them fascinates me.
Reply 74
Hey there guys.
My name's Matt Comerford-Dunbar.
I'm from the Wirral, just south of Liverpool.
I'm going to be studying, Drama & Theatre Studies.
So, the interesting thing finally- 3 facts about myself...
1. I love film, theatre, television, books, music, art, poetry and all forms of expression.
2. I believe everyone has the potential to be a genius in their own way.
3. There are about 5 billion different things that I could put here, but none of them seem significantly more important than any other, not to say that none of them are important, you can find out about them over the next three years if you're interested I suppose?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi
My name is Richard Jones (Rich)
I'm from Walsall
I'm studying, computer science
3 facts: I'm twin, I watch anime and play video games .
I'm still not released :frown: I am actually going to a meeting with the university tomorrow about it all. Strange way of doing things... So hopefully I'll be released in the morning after that! Sucks not knowing what's going on haha

So anyone know way accomodation is the best? :smile:

I can totally see why it is annoying for you. I'm sure it will all be sorted today. If you need any help just get in touch :smile:

Regarding accommodation check out: http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/accommodation/types-accommodation/ :smile:
Original post by gregory128
Name: Gregory Ebbs
Where I'm from: Whitchurch, Shropshire
What I'm studying: Military History and International Relations
Three fun facts:
-I used to live in North Wales before moving to Whitchurch because the nearest college in Harlech was a 2 hour train journey there and back.
-I love caving and going into old abandoned mineshafts, something i hope to pursue in Uni with one of the societies
-I love collecting antiques for some bizarre reason. Something about them fascinates me.

Hi Gregory

Welcome to the forum!

Some amazing facts there. You can go caving and exploring underground here in Aber - keep an eye out for the society during the Freshers' Fair :smile:

If you have any questions or need any help, just give me a shout. Oh btw, join the 2014 Aberystwyth University Social Group on Facebook - there are over 600 first years in there :smile:
Original post by m4ttcd
Hey there guys.
My name's Matt Comerford-Dunbar.
I'm from the Wirral, just south of Liverpool.
I'm going to be studying, Drama & Theatre Studies.
So, the interesting thing finally- 3 facts about myself...
1. I love film, theatre, television, books, music, art, poetry and all forms of expression.
2. I believe everyone has the potential to be a genius in their own way.
3. There are about 5 billion different things that I could put here, but none of them seem significantly more important than any other, not to say that none of them are important, you can find out about them over the next three years if you're interested I suppose?

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the Aberystwyth Forum :smile:

If you need anything or have any questions, just let me know! Also I recommend you join the 2014 Aberystwyth University Social Group on Facebook :bl:
Original post by Richjones95
Hi
My name is Richard Jones (Rich)
I'm from Walsall
I'm studying, computer science
3 facts: I'm twin, I watch anime and play video games .

Hi Rich,

Welcome to this amazing forum!

As a Computer Science graduate I know that you're in for a treat with the department. Loved my time there! What games are you into? It may be worth you checking out: http://www.abersu.co.uk/societies/ACOG/

If you need anything just let me know and don't forget to join the 2014 Aberystwyth University Social Group to meet a few fellow students. I know there are loads of gamers in there.

Cheers,
James

Quick Reply

Latest