The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Introduce yourself 2014

I was looking through other university forums and they had threads like this. Basically, give us your name, where you're from, and what you're studying and three fun facts about you.

I'll start;

Name: Geena/Georgina
Where I'm From: Buckinghamshire!
What I'm Studying: Economics (L100)
Three fun facts: I'll get back to this one when I can think..

Scroll to see replies

Awesome Geena! :smile:

Here's me:

Name: James Willis
Where I'm From: Aberdovey, Wales
What I studied: Computer Science and Marketing
Three Fun Facts: 1) I can ride a camel 2) Welsh but grew up in Saudi Arabia 3) Play every sport you can think of :P haha

I'm also the Social Media Manager for Aberystwyth University, so if you need any help with anything just give me a shout :smile:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by Geena-
~

Awesome thread Geena!
Most definitely if other uni forums have a thread you like the look of, make one for here. :smile:

For what it's worth here's 'my' profile:

Name: Ram
Where I'm From: The fields of Derbyshire
What I'm Studying: Marketing
Three fun facts: Was a camp counselor in the US last summer, I'm returning to my camp again this summer, grass is an awesome meal!

If you want to know me more, you'll have to find me in Aber next year or meet me at a open day! :cool:
I'll bite :P

Name: Ben/ 4
Where I'm from: North Wales originally but currently Yorkshire
What I'm studying: Robotics and AI
Three Fun Facts: I passed grade 8 on Drums with a distinction, I own a rabbit named Archimedes, and I can pop out my shoulder blades.

Good idea for a thread Geena!
Reply 4
Hiya :smile:

Name: Astrid
Where I'm From: Kent :smile:
What I'm Studying: English Literature/Drama and Theatre Studies
Three Fun Facts: Erm, oh gosh, you don't realise how boring a person you are until you have to say this :tongue: my sister has two sheep that live in our garden, I'm a little bit obsessed with programmes like csi and criminal minds, and my favourite author/playwright is by far Shakespeare..wow this makes me sound incredibly cool haha :smile:
Original post by 4oursword

Three Fun Facts: I passed grade 8 on Drums with a distinction, I own a rabbit named Archimedes, and I can pop out my shoulder blades.

A drummer who can pop out his shoulders... don't go too wild on them drums Ben :P :smile: Nice to meet you!

Original post by asterida

Three Fun Facts: Erm, oh gosh, you don't realise how boring a person you are until you have to say this :tongue: my sister has two sheep that live in our garden, I'm a little bit obsessed with programmes like csi and criminal minds, and my favourite author/playwright is by far Shakespeare..wow this makes me sound incredibly cool haha :smile:

Nothing wrong with loving a bit of Shakespeare! Your sheep experience may come in handy in Wales Astrid! :biggrin: :P Nice to meet you :smile:

James
Not exactly sure if I can pop them out by the strictest dictionary definition, but i can stick them out by a good 2 inches :P
Reply 7
Original post by Aber_James

Nothing wrong with loving a bit of Shakespeare! Your sheep experience may come in handy in Wales Astrid! :biggrin: :P Nice to meet you :smile:

James

Yeah...I've had a lot of jokes made about that when people find out I'm going to Aberystwyth haha :smile: nice to meet you too :smile:
Original post by Aber_James
Nothing wrong with loving a bit of Shakespeare! Your sheep experience may come in handy in Wales Astrid! :biggrin: :P

Did someone say sheep? :colondollar:
Reply 9
Hi!

Name: Viki
Where I'm from: Hungary
What I'm studying: Film & TV studies with English literature
Three Fun Facts: my dog understands both Hungarian and English commands, currently teaching English for kid and I gave names to my Kindle (Abigail), notebook (Mona) and phone (Tessa).
Cool :biggrin:

Name: Sally
Where I'm from: South Korea, but spent most of my life in Hong Kong
What I'm studying: Film and TV
Three Fun Facts: I love playing video games, favourite film is The History Boys aaaaaaand am currently 2 days away from my first exam. :frown:
Original post by Jena116
Three Fun Facts: my dog understands both Hungarian and English commands, currently teaching English for kid and I gave names to my Kindle (Abigail), notebook (Mona) and phone (Tessa).

That is one clever dog! Our dog speaks Welsh and English! Nice to meet you :smile:

Original post by ontheseashores
I love playing video games, favourite film is The History Boys aaaaaaand am currently 2 days away from my first exam. :frown:

I love computer games too! What you playing at the moment? PS or Xbox? Will you bring it to uni? Good luck in your exam! :smile:

James
Reply 12
Name: Nicole
Where I'm From: South-West Scotland!
What I'm Studying: Biological Sciences
Three fun facts: I'm learning Korean/Chinese/Japanese, I'm a twin, and I'm browsing TSR to avoid studying ^_^;
Original post by AberystwythUni_James

I love computer games too! What you playing at the moment? PS or Xbox? Will you bring it to uni? Good luck in your exam! :smile:

James

I think PS>Xbox anyday, but the one that rules is the PC! :tongue: Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to bring anything aside from my laptop, which has no gaming capabilities whatsoever. :frown: Does the university lend out any consoles? haha :rolleyes:

Original post by Koyo
Name: Nicole
Where I'm From: South-West Scotland!
What I'm Studying: Biological Sciences
Three fun facts: I'm learning Korean/Chinese/Japanese, I'm a twin, and I'm browsing TSR to avoid studying ^_^;

Is the reason why you're learning because of K-pop? I'm a huge fan of INFINITE!! How's the Korean going? :biggrin:
Reply 14
I think PS>Xbox anyday, but the one that rules is the PC! :tongue: Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to bring anything aside from my laptop, which has no gaming capabilities whatsoever. :frown: Does the university lend out any consoles? haha :rolleyes:

Is the reason why you're learning because of K-pop? I'm a huge fan of INFINITE!! How's the Korean going? :biggrin:

Ah yeah it is XD I was originally into Japanese but after listening to K-Pop I just found the whole language and culture so interesting :biggrin: INFINITE are really good, I'm Hoya biased (because of Reply 1997; I was originally into Sungyeol OTL), who's your bias? :P

My Korean is pretty...basic, lol. I can read hangeul and know a decent junk of disjointed vocabulary but can't string together much of a sentence :L I'm going to put a lot of effort in once my exams are over ;P

I play a lot of video games but it's basically all Nintendo haha, I own a PS4 but have never touched the thing because I don't want to become obsessed XD My laptop can barely run the internet never mind game :L

How did the exam go? :O
Original post by Koyo
Ah yeah it is XD I was originally into Japanese but after listening to K-Pop I just found the whole language and culture so interesting :biggrin: INFINITE are really good, I'm Hoya biased (because of Reply 1997; I was originally into Sungyeol OTL), who's your bias? :P

My Korean is pretty...basic, lol. I can read hangeul and know a decent junk of disjointed vocabulary but can't string together much of a sentence :L I'm going to put a lot of effort in once my exams are over ;P

I play a lot of video games but it's basically all Nintendo haha, I own a PS4 but have never touched the thing because I don't want to become obsessed XD My laptop can barely run the internet never mind game :L

How did the exam go? :O

I had a Japanese anime phase too. :P
High five! :biggrin: Dongwoo and Hoya are my biases! I can't wait for their next album. Have you been to any K-pop concerts before?

I loved Reply 1997 (I could really relate to most of it haha) - have you tried 1994 yet? I don't think it's as good as 1997 but it's worth a try.

Good on you! :smile: It's always nice to hear about people learning Korean. A lot of my friends are trying as well, and they're telling me that books and lessons help a lot.

omg Do you have a DS? I really think that it's the one console everyone should have. It's got such amazing games - the Ace Attorney and Square Enix games are my favourite! Pokemon is a close second ;D Hope you get a new laptop before uni.

My exam went fine, better than I expected. Wrote a lot more than I thought I could! :biggrin:
My exam went fine, better than I expected. Wrote a lot more than I thought I could! :biggrin:

Well done on the exam ontheseashores :bl::woo::woo: I'm sure you nailed it! :smile:

Original post by Koyo

Nice to meet you Nicole :smile:

Some very good facts there! Does your twin have a similar interests or are you total opposites? Thanks to uni I've become a pro at procrastination too :2euk48l: haha

Cheers
James :smile:
Reply 17
I had a Japanese anime phase too. :P
High five! :biggrin: Dongwoo and Hoya are my biases! I can't wait for their next album. Have you been to any K-pop concerts before?

I loved Reply 1997 (I could really relate to most of it haha) - have you tried 1994 yet? I don't think it's as good as 1997 but it's worth a try.

Good on you! :smile: It's always nice to hear about people learning Korean. A lot of my friends are trying as well, and they're telling me that books and lessons help a lot.

omg Do you have a DS? I really think that it's the one console everyone should have. It's got such amazing games - the Ace Attorney and Square Enix games are my favourite! Pokemon is a close second ;D Hope you get a new laptop before uni.

Nah I've never been to a K-Pop concert, the only concert I've ever been to was Westlife when I was like 10 OTL I haven't started 1994 yet but I def intend to :biggrin:

Yeah I have a 3DS, mostly play Animal Crossing though (I was addicted for like 6 months but I think I'm over it now ^^:wink: I have Pokemon X but I'm not very far in lol I think the only Square Enix games I've played are Dragon Quest IX and Persona 4 :L
Reply 18
Original post by AberystwythUni_James
Well done on the exam ontheseashores :bl::woo::woo: I'm sure you nailed it! :smile:

Nice to meet you Nicole :smile:

Some very good facts there! Does your twin have a similar interests or are you total opposites? Thanks to uni I've become a pro at procrastination too :2euk48l: haha

Cheers
James :smile:

My twin is my total opposite XD He's tall, likes football, hates school, is outgoing - while I'm short, like going on the internet/reading, love school, stay indoors :L

What was it like growing up in Saudi Arabia :O
Original post by Koyo
My twin is my total opposite XD He's tall, likes football, hates school, is outgoing - while I'm short, like going on the internet/reading, love school, stay indoors :L

What was it like growing up in Saudi Arabia :O

Well I guess you balance each other out hehe! :smile: You sound pretty cool to me :borat::thumbsup:

Saudi Arabia was incredible - I miss living there now! I was so lucky to have probably the best upbringing one could have :smile: Everyday was like an adventure... you get used to shops closing for prey time, the nights that hit 38 Degrees C with 90% humidity and the price of a coca cola is just 10p while fuel was just 7p a litre! haha! I could go on and on hehe!

Quick Reply

Latest