The Student Room Group

Anybody else keeps sniffing their fingernails?

I've recently noticed that I smell my fingernails when I'm nervous.
Does anybody else have this nervous tick? :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
No...
Reply 2
Honestly, yes haha. I don't know if I'm 'smelling my fingers' as such but I do tend to bring my fingers to my nose and scratch my upper lip/rub my nose a bit when I'm nervous. I think it could be something to do with the 'hiding' factors of it. It's just like rubbing the temples in terms of stress habit. I wouldn't really call it a 'tick' though, just a little habit for calm, like a dog licking his lips in stress.
No ... Though I do tend to rub my nose when I'm nervous :smile:
Reply 4
Its a habit I get, but its more the back the fingers (ive had to adapt it to make myself look like im scratching my nose!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by czechmishaout

I mean I smell my fingernails, but not in the same way as you do. They smell bad trust me, but somehow....they're just addictive...idk. It's like the feeling you get when you're high up and your body wants to just jump off. Idk why I do this. I also do it when I scratch my hair too. I guess I have some sort of "strange addiction" or whatever is going on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by TurdUnicorns
I mean I smell my fingernails, but not in the same way as you do. They smell bad trust me, but somehow....they're just addictive...idk. It's like the feeling you get when you're high up and your body wants to just jump off. Idk why I do this. I also do it when I scratch my hair too. I guess I have some sort of "strange addiction" or whatever is going on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dayum bro you revived a 7 year old thread to tell people you have stinky fingers huh...

Wash your hands properly and cut your fingernails wtf.

What the...
Same! I love to dig dirt out of my nails, especially after scratching my hair, then smelling my nails ... And it takes up a lot of my time... Also like picking my face, it sucks! It's tiring! Im like disgusted with myself but I do it a lot when I'm stressed or anxious and it just makes me feel better
Original post by thelostplanet
Same! I love to dig dirt out of my nails, especially after scratching my hair, then smelling my nails ... And it takes up a lot of my time... Also like picking my face, it sucks! It's tiring! Im like disgusted with myself but I do it a lot when I'm stressed or anxious and it just makes me feel better

why do you have dirt in your hair? don't you use shampoo?
Reply 11
Original post by czechmishaout

absolutely tootley i diddly doo, i sniff 'em all so they're all equals pequals!!! :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest