The Student Room Group

Medicine DBS/CRB

Out of interest, can there be anything on my DBS check without me being notified/told?

And what happens if there is something on my DBS, will the uni withdraw my offer?

Cheers.
Reply 1
Well you obviously think you've done something which will show up, so what did you do?
Reply 2
Original post by Lasershark
Well you obviously think you've done something which will show up, so what did you do?

Had a harsh bitter row with my ex gf a couple of weeks ago....I'm just being paranoid I guess-.-
Reply 3
Original post by The pencil one
Had a harsh bitter row with my ex gf a couple of weeks ago....I'm just being paranoid I guess-.-

Were the police called, were you arrested and were you charged with anything? Did you receive a caution? If you got a caution it will be on an enhanced DBS check.

If there is anything on there, the course leaders have a board meeting to decide your fitness to practice during the course, and they will withdraw your offer if they decide you are not fit to practice. This doesn't sound anything like that though.
Reply 4
Were the police called, were you arrested and were you charged with anything? Did you receive a caution? If you got a caution it will be on an enhanced DBS check.

If there is anything on there, the course leaders have a board meeting to decide your fitness to practice during the course, and they will withdraw your offer if they decide you are not fit to practice. This doesn't sound anything like that though.

I don't know if the police were called...it was a couple of months ago, not weeks, my bad.

No arrests/charges/cautions.

Thanks, I guess I was thinking too much.
Reply 5
I don't know if the police were called...it was a couple of months ago, not weeks, my bad.

No arrests/charges/cautions.

Thanks, I guess I was thinking too much.

There will be nothing on your DBS check then, so don't worry. If there was no police or court involvement directly with you, there can't be anything on there.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
There will be nothing on your DBS check then, so don't worry. If there was no police or court involvement directly with you, there can't be anything on there.

Cool thanks. So for anything to be on there, I must have been contacted by the police?
Reply 7
Cool thanks. So for anything to be on there, I must have been contacted by the police?

You must have been taken to a police station to accept a caution if you are given one; you have to give your permission for them to caution you, or you can appeal the pending caution in court if you refuse it. If you were never contacted by the police and never taken to a police station, there won't be anything on there.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
You must have been taken to a police station to accept a caution if you are given one; you have to give your permission for them to caution you or you can appeal the caution in court. If you were never contacted by the police and never taken to a police station, there won't be anything on there.

Thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending