The Student Room Group
Main entrance
Glyndwr University, Wrexham
Visit website

HELP! EU national applying for funding to study at Welsh Uni??

Hello :smile:

I just applied to student finance england for funding of my degree in Acupuncture which starts this September. I applied through student finance england as i received the link from uni.
One of the questions were if my chosen course leads to healthcare professional. I contacted glyndwr university and was told it does lead to healthcare but I wont get bursary for this course. So in the next question which was asking if I am eligible for bursary i ticked no. Now after submitting my application it asks me for an evidence of my eu nationality which is fine but also they want a letter confirming that i am not eligible for bursary... which is kind of weird as it is gonna just complicate things with waiting for this. I contacted nhs to ask what to do about it but was told i need to contact nhs wales to enquire, i would have been better of saying it doesnt lead to profession in healthcare. I am very confused with all this now. I am applying to welsh uni, i am an eu national but i live in England, over 8 years now.. was i even supposed to apply to student finance england? As later after filling out the application i found out there was student finance wales as well :/ can anybody advise on this please?
Original post by marigol
Hello :smile:

I just applied to student finance england for funding of my degree in Acupuncture which starts this September. I applied through student finance england as i received the link from uni.
One of the questions were if my chosen course leads to healthcare professional. I contacted glyndwr university and was told it does lead to healthcare but I wont get bursary for this course. So in the next question which was asking if I am eligible for bursary i ticked no. Now after submitting my application it asks me for an evidence of my eu nationality which is fine but also they want a letter confirming that i am not eligible for bursary... which is kind of weird as it is gonna just complicate things with waiting for this. I contacted nhs to ask what to do about it but was told i need to contact nhs wales to enquire, i would have been better of saying it doesnt lead to profession in healthcare. I am very confused with all this now. I am applying to welsh uni, i am an eu national but i live in England, over 8 years now.. was i even supposed to apply to student finance england? As later after filling out the application i found out there was student finance wales as well :/ can anybody advise on this please?

You was in fact correct by applying to Student Finance England since they're the one who will provide any necessary funding because you're an England national. You'd only apply for SFW if you're a Welsh national. Also, you should take up their advice and give NHS Wales a call to see what possibilities there are.
Main entrance
Glyndwr University, Wrexham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending