The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Science (Triple Award) 6 Mark Answers

In my opinion, the allowed time for the exam is very short and I sometimes don't finish the 6 mark questions (I leave them until the end).

Is it better to answer them in bullet points (to save time) and lose 1 mark for quality of written communication, or is it best to answer them "properly" (i.e. a well flowing paragraph)?
I would say it's better to answer them properly. That one mark could be the difference between two grades. Every mark counts!
Reply 2
But what if the extra time used to answer them properly means I don't finish all the questions?
Why don't you do the 6 markers first and leave the other ones til the end?
Original post by Qiang.Feng
But what if the extra time used to answer them properly means I don't finish all the questions?

Erm, dunno :tongue:
You should try to write faster because the time given is meant to be reasonable...
Do you revise propely, I find the science exams are long enough. Do some past papers to build up speed, helps a lot. I am also taking ocr triple good luck.
Reply 6
Original post by whydoidothis?
Do you revise propely, I find the science exams are long enough. Do some past papers to build up speed, helps a lot. I am also taking ocr triple good luck.

Thanks! I will certainly do some past papers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest