The Student Room Group

University help

So I have offers for pharmacy but am hoping to take a year out and pursue medicine. I'm not sure whether I should firm my offer for pharmacy because me taking a gap year pretty much depends on the grades that I will receive at the end of A2. If I firm my offer does it mean that i have to go to that university or can I drop out once i've received my grades and wish to take a gap year? because my back up is pharmacy if I don't end up getting the grades to apply for medicine
Original post by BlairCWaldorf
So I have offers for pharmacy but am hoping to take a year out and pursue medicine. I'm not sure whether I should firm my offer for pharmacy because me taking a gap year pretty much depends on the grades that I will receive at the end of A2. If I firm my offer does it mean that i have to go to that university or can I drop out once i've received my grades and wish to take a gap year? because my back up is pharmacy if I don't end up getting the grades to apply for medicine

You could apply for deferred entry which means you still need to achieve the grades for pharmacy this year but you would go to university next year not this year.

If you firm your offer and on results day you get the grades and the university offers you a place, your firm is choice is where you will be going but you could always decline that offer. If you do this and take the gap year you would have to reapply for pharmacy. .
Original post by PakStar28
You could apply for deferred entry which means you still need to achieve the grades for pharmacy this year but you would go to university next year not this year.

If you firm your offer and on results day you get the grades and the university offers you a place, your firm is choice is where you will be going but you could always decline that offer. If you do this and take the gap year you would have to reapply for pharmacy. .

ook thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending