The Student Room Group

Modern day Witch trial caught on camera! Must see!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mankytoes
If you say you specifically don't want non-white immigrants, I'm sorry, but by definition, that is racist.

It's people like you that give credence to the phrase:

anti-racist is a code word for anti-White
Original post by sallyjimjam
My oh my, what a sanctimonious mad man AND a liar you are. Yes you're absolutely spot on Emma West was demonized in the media and persecuted for over a year for shouting too loudly on a tram........:rolleyes:

See, you use the exact same tactics you accuse us of, calling me a "mad man", ridiculous accusation, total hypocracy.

I never said that, what's the point in misrepresenting me when you're quoting me anyway? She was arrested for racial abuse, you aren't allowed to abuse people in this country.

There's two sides to this, her abusive behaviour also "led her to receive flowers and messages of support from far right supporters. Some have even sent her cheques." (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2352853/Emma-West-rant-Mother-launched-vile-racist-tram-abuse-caught-camera-spared-jail.html).

Isn't that kind of scary? That you spew drunken racist abuse on a tram, and get treated by sections of the community like you're a hero?

I gather from what you've said that you don't think abusive behaviour should be criminally investigated, you don't think people should be allowed to call the police if they suffer horrible verbal abuse in public? If that was you, or your family, facing that sort of thing, you wouldn't want any legal action to be taken?

From your spelling, you're clearly American, or from another foreign country. Stop telling us how to run our country, ok? I'm much more concerned about the views of British people, of all colours, than some right wing internet foreigner.

Despite the fact that this is held exactly the same for all races. If a black person says "no to non-black immigration", that's exactly as racist. So when I describe Israel's policies as racist (which I do), I'm being anti white? That makes no sense whatsoever. If saying "I don't want these people here because of their race" isn't racist, what is? What does racism mean?
(edited 9 years ago)

If you specifically don't want non-white immigrants, you are discriminating purely on the basis of skin colour. That is racist by definition.
Reply 43

I never said that, what's the point in misrepresenting me when you're quoting me anyway? She was arrested for racial abuse, you aren't allowed to abuse people in this country.

Yes you did, but now you're back tracking because i called you on it and you realized it was a spurious and transparent goal post shifting attempt

There's two sides to this, her abusive behaviour also "led her to receive flowers and messages of support from far right supporters. Some have even sent her cheques." (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2352853/Emma-West-rant-Mother-launched-vile-racist-tram-abuse-caught-camera-spared-jail.html).

Yes and sanctimonious madmen like yourself were screaming for her to be murdered, raped and put her address online for people to harass her until she was imprisoned.

From your spelling, you're clearly American, or from another foreign country. Stop telling us how to run our country, ok? I'm much more concerned about the views of British people, of all colours, than some right wing internet foreigner.

Tut tut, that's a bit "xenophobic" dear boy.

Despite the fact that this is held exactly the same for all races. If a black person says "no to non-black immigration", that's exactly as racist. So when I describe Israel's policies as racist (which I do), I'm being anti white? That makes no sense whatsoever. If saying "I don't want these people here because of their race" isn't racist, what is? What does racism mean?

But enforced 99.9% of the time against White people in traditionally White countries, and you and your ilk boycotting Oranges from Israel doesn't disprove it. :rolleyes:
Reply 44
Original post by james22
If you specifically don't want non-white immigrants, you are discriminating purely on the basis of skin colour. That is racist by definition.

Sounds like you're the sort of person who would advocate chasing down the last White person in the last traditionally White area to enforce "diversity"
Yes you did, but now you're back tracking because i called you on it and you realized it was a spurious and transparent goal post shifting attempt

Yes and sanctimonious madmen like yourself were screaming for her to be murdered, raped and put her address online for people to harass her until she was imprisoned.

Tut tut, that's a bit "xenophobic" dear boy.

But enforced 99.9% of the time against White people in traditionally White countries, and you and your ilk boycotting Oranges from Israel doesn't disprove it. :rolleyes:

Quote me on it then. You can't, let it go.

I never did anything like that, more lies.

What, saying that British people know more about Britain than Americans? How do you know what things are like over here?

Yay, made up right wing statistics! Saying we use "code words" is pure paranoia. There's no illuminati, no conspiracy, no code. Just people who oppose racism in all its' forms. In this country, most people are white, and the white people have nearly all the power, so obviously the most at risk people of racism are minorities. In other countries, it's the other way round. There's all sorts of racism in the world. For an example that's unemotional for most of us, see the treatment of ethnic Koreans in Japan. Obviously, that's not going to reported much in our media, it doesn't have much effect on us, but it's still very real and an interesting subject.

I think racism can often be over emphasised, particularly in Ameria, when the real issue is classism. You don't have to be black to be treated like a n****r.
Sounds like you're the sort of person who would advocate chasing down the last White person in the last traditionally White area to enforce "diversity"

Nope, just someone who thinks that someones skin colour is as relevant as their eye colour.
Reply 47
Quote me on it then. You can't, let it go.

I never did anything like that, more lies.

I already did boy, a few posts earlier--everyone reading this can see it

Saying we use "code words" is pure paranoia. There's no illuminati, no conspiracy, no code.....

And there we go with yet another "liberal" tactic: always pathologize any opposing view point. Only someone mentally unwell could possibly object to your "liberal" dogma eh? Very Soviet Union comrade!

And there we go with yet another "liberal" tactic: always pathologize any opposing view point. Only someone mentally unwell could possibly object to your "liberal" dogma eh? Very Soviet Union comrade!

Do you even know what you're talking about.

You called me a madman! You honestly don't see your rampant hypocracy, do you?

If you know what code words are actually used for, you'll realise you're effectively suggesting a massive conspiracy, which would imply you're paranoid. If you don't want people suggesting this, don't make crazy, outladish statements.

He's not pathologising "any opposing view point"; he's obviously talking about a very specific one.
So you have no actual examples. Maybe in some of those cases, the person was actually being racist? I don't think anyone, whatever their race, should have to put up with racism at their place of work. Putting forward reasonable points against immigration is fine, I support plenty of those arguments myself- to do with housing numbers, things like that, but lets be honest, in my immigration arguments people do argue from prejudice, not reason.

Shame that you wrote "liberals"... Most liberals have no problem using the word white, it's considered politically correct, just like black is. You're imagining problems that just don't exist, no one except some total radicals cares if you say the word white.

Nonsense. Many people drive up hatred against non white immigrants, like the BNP, and they get away with it. If you say you specifically don't want non-white immigrants, I'm sorry, but by definition, that is racist.

But she didn't get prosecuted for making an anti-immigration argument, she was prosecuted for screaming and swearing abuse, both at minority groups in general, and at specifc people, like the black woman who asks her to stop swearing (doesn't even comment on the racism, just asks her not to scream swear words in her own kid's ear). You can put forward any opinion, but you can't act abusively. In any case, she wasn't put in prison or anything. It isn't like it doesn't go both ways- some "Muslim patrol" members did go to prison http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Patrol_incident .

There are plenty of examples, 14 year old Codie Scott taken to police for saying she could not understand her classmates, UKIP councillor fired from public sector job for representing UKIP, UKIP couple foster children removed, man arrested for calling a police horse gay, the list is endless......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SpikeyTeeth
There are plenty of examples, 14 year old Codie Scott taken to police for saying she could not understand her classmates, UKIP councillor fired from public sector job for representing UKIP, UKIP couple foster children removed, man arrested for calling a police horse gay, the list is endless......

Just googled that, she was not, she was taken to the police because "an allegation of a serious nature was made concerning a racially motivated remark by one student towards a group of Asian students new to the school and new to the country". But obviously involving the police was ridiculous, hence she was soon released without charge.

I don't know who you're referring to in the second one, the guy who shared the racist cartoons, Eric Kitson?

The fostering one was awful, but it more reflects the attitude to fostering, not letting smokers foster and that.

That last one was funny, not really relevant though. In any case- http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/01/16/you-may-now-call-a-police-horse-gay-in-the-u-k/
Just googled that, she was not, she was taken to the police because "an allegation of a serious nature was made concerning a racially motivated remark by one student towards a group of Asian students new to the school and new to the country". But obviously involving the police was ridiculous, hence she was soon released without charge.

I don't know who you're referring to in the second one, the guy who shared the racist cartoons, Eric Kitson?

The fostering one was awful, but it more reflects the attitude to fostering, not letting smokers foster and that.

That last one was funny, not really relevant though. In any case- http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/01/16/you-may-now-call-a-police-horse-gay-in-the-u-k/

Right so you agree that actions needs to be taken against someone (little Codie) who says they can't understand someone else? Often when I attempt another language people who speak that language say that I sound like a Somalian and I just laugh. Should I be terribly offended and want them disciplined? How on earth is this reasonable.

Surely its a reaction by certain people who are actually paranoid and terrified about what other people might think of them and being racist in any way.

Codie found herself being branded the modern day witch by her teachers who like most people in the education system are completely brainwashed by the new-West's collectivist and egalitarian principle, and who would gladly operate the Gulag and take part in 2 minutes hate to uphold these principles.
(edited 9 years ago)
Right so you agree that actions needs to be taken against someone (little Codie) who says they can't understand someone else? Often when I attempt another language people who speak that language say that I sound like a Somalian and I just laugh. Should I be terribly offended and want them disciplined? How on earth is this reasonable.

Surely its a reaction by certain people who are actually paranoid and terrified about what other people might think of them and being racist in any way.

Codie found herself being branded the modern day witch by her teachers who like most people in the education system are completely brainwashed by the new-West's collectivist and egalitarian principles.

No, not if that's what she actually said. If you're just accepting her version of events, as someone who got in trouble a lot around age 14, I think you're very naive. She probably said something rude, and should have got a detention or something. Obviously that doesn't reflect the system, hence she was released without charge, and the judge disparaged the whole event.

Of course, there's always going to be a minority who take things too far. You're saying that's typical liberal behaviour though, which is nonsense, trying to define a group by its' extreme elements. Liberalism is anti-authoritarianism, so generally we don't want strict punishments at all for things like this.

Silly, emotive language- you're determined to push this ridiculous "witch" line. It's sad when people are more worried about people wrongly being accused of racism than actual racism. You're showing your complete lack of knowledge of liberalism by talking about it being "collective", that's kind of against the entire point...
(edited 9 years ago)
No, not if that's what she actually said. If you're just accepting her version of events, as someone who got in trouble a lot around age 14, I think you're very naive. She probably said something rude, and should have got a detention or something. Obviously that doesn't reflect the system, hence she was released without charge, and the judge disparaged the whole event.

Of course, there's always going to be a minority who take things too far. You're saying that's typical liberal behaviour though, which is nonsense, trying to define a group by its' extreme elements. Liberalism is anti-authoritarianism, so generally we don't want strict punishments at all for things like this.

Silly, emotive language. It's sad when people are more worried about people wrongly being accused of racism than actual racism. You're showing your complete lack of knowledge of liberalism by talking about it being "collective", that's kind of against the entire point...

A teenage schoolgirl was arrested by police for racism after refusing to sit with a group of Asian students because some of them did not speak English. Codie Stott's family claim she was forced to spend three-and-a-half hours in a police cell after she was reported by her teachers. See also
English schoolgirl sues Scottish council over 'racist bullying' The 14-year-old - who was released without charge - said it had been a simple matter of commonsense and accused the school and police of an over-the-top reaction. The incident happened in the same local education authority where a ten-year-old boy was prosecuted earlier this year for calling a schoolfriend racist names in the playground, a move branded by a judge "political correctness gone mad." Codie was attending a GCSE science class at Harrop Fold High School in Worsley, Greater Manchester, when the incident happened. The teenager had not been in school the day before due to a hospital appointment and had missed the start of a project, so the teacher allocated her a group to sit with. "She said I had to sit there with five Asian pupils," said Codie yesterday. "Only one could speak English, so she had to tell that one what to do so she could explain in their language. Then she sat me with them and said 'Discuss'." According to Codie, the five - four boys and a girl - then began talking in a language she didn't understand, thought to be Urdu, so she went to speak to the teacher. "I said 'I'm not being funny, but can I change groups because I can't understand them?' But she started shouting and screaming, saying 'It's racist, you're going to get done by the police'." Codie said she went outside to calm down where another teacher found her and, after speaking to her class teacher, put her in isolation for the rest of the day. A complaint was made to a police officer based full-time at the school, and more than a week after the incident on September 26 she was taken to Swinton police station and placed under arrest. "They told me to take my laces out of my shoes and remove my jewellery, and I had my fingerprints and photograph taken," said Codie. "It was awful." After questioning on suspicion of committing a section five racial public order offence, her mother Nicola says she was placed in a bare cell for three-and-a-half hours then released without charge. She only returned to lessons this week and has been put in a different science class. Yesterday Miss Stott, 37, a cleaner, said: "Codie was not being racist." "The reaction from the school and police is totally over the top and I am furious my daughter had to go through this trauma when all she was saying was common sense. " "She'd have been better off not saying anything and getting into trouble for not being able to do the work." Miss Stott, who is separated from Codie and her 18-year-old brother Ashley's father, lives with her partner Keith Seanor, a 36-year-old cable layer, in Walkden. School insiders acknowledge that at least three of the students Codie refused to sit with had recently arrived in this country and spoke little English. But they say her comments afterwards raised further concerns, for example allegedly referring to the students as "blacks" - something she denied yesterday. The school is now investigating exactly what happened before deciding what action - if any - to take against Codie. Headteacher Dr Antony Edkins said: "An allegation of a serious nature was made concerning a racially motivated remark by one student towards a group of Asian students new to the school and new to the country." "We aim to ensure a caring and tolerant attitude towards people and pupils of all ethnic backgrounds and will not stand for racism in any form." Fewer than two per cent of pupils at Harrop Fold come from an ethnic minority. It had the worst GCSE results in the entire Salford LEA last year with just 15 per cent of pupils achieving five good passes including English and maths, a third of the national average. Since being placed in special measures, Ofsted inspectors say it has improved, not least as a result of Dr Edkins's "outstanding" leadership. Salford was at the centre of a storm last April after a ten-year-old boy was hauled before a court for allegedly calling an 11-year-old mixed race pupil a 'Paki' and 'Bin Laden' in a playground argument at a primary school in Irlam. When the case came before District Judge Jonathan Finestein he said the decision to prosecute showed "how stupid the whole system is getting". But was himself fiercely attacked by teaching union leaders for "feeding a pernicious agenda" that aided the BNP. The prosecution was eventually dropped. Last night Robert Whelan, deputy director of the Civitas think-tank, said: "It's obviously common sense that pupils who don't speak English cause problems for other pupils and for teachers." "I'm sure this sort of thing happens all the time, but it's a sad reflection on the school if they can't deal with it without involving the police." "A lot of these arrests don't result in prosecutions - they aim is to frighten us into self-censorship until we watch everything we say." Greater Manchester Police denied Codie had been kept in a cell but would not comment further.

Oh, and don't tell me "it's only the Daily Mail", because only peer reviewed publications rubber stamped by people who agree with the paradigm are credible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A teenage schoolgirl was arrested by police for racism after refusing to sit with a group of Asian students because some of them did not speak English. Codie Stott's family claim she was forced to spend three-and-a-half hours in a police cell after she was reported by her teachers. See also
English schoolgirl sues Scottish council over 'racist bullying' The 14-year-old - who was released without charge - said it had been a simple matter of commonsense and accused the school and police of an over-the-top reaction. The incident happened in the same local education authority where a ten-year-old boy was prosecuted earlier this year for calling a schoolfriend racist names in the playground, a move branded by a judge "political correctness gone mad." Codie was attending a GCSE science class at Harrop Fold High School in Worsley, Greater Manchester, when the incident happened. The teenager had not been in school the day before due to a hospital appointment and had missed the start of a project, so the teacher allocated her a group to sit with. "She said I had to sit there with five Asian pupils," said Codie yesterday. "Only one could speak English, so she had to tell that one what to do so she could explain in their language. Then she sat me with them and said 'Discuss'." According to Codie, the five - four boys and a girl - then began talking in a language she didn't understand, thought to be Urdu, so she went to speak to the teacher. "I said 'I'm not being funny, but can I change groups because I can't understand them?' But she started shouting and screaming, saying 'It's racist, you're going to get done by the police'." Codie said she went outside to calm down where another teacher found her and, after speaking to her class teacher, put her in isolation for the rest of the day. A complaint was made to a police officer based full-time at the school, and more than a week after the incident on September 26 she was taken to Swinton police station and placed under arrest. "They told me to take my laces out of my shoes and remove my jewellery, and I had my fingerprints and photograph taken," said Codie. "It was awful." After questioning on suspicion of committing a section five racial public order offence, her mother Nicola says she was placed in a bare cell for three-and-a-half hours then released without charge. She only returned to lessons this week and has been put in a different science class. Yesterday Miss Stott, 37, a cleaner, said: "Codie was not being racist." "The reaction from the school and police is totally over the top and I am furious my daughter had to go through this trauma when all she was saying was common sense. " "She'd have been better off not saying anything and getting into trouble for not being able to do the work." Miss Stott, who is separated from Codie and her 18-year-old brother Ashley's father, lives with her partner Keith Seanor, a 36-year-old cable layer, in Walkden. School insiders acknowledge that at least three of the students Codie refused to sit with had recently arrived in this country and spoke little English. But they say her comments afterwards raised further concerns, for example allegedly referring to the students as "blacks" - something she denied yesterday. The school is now investigating exactly what happened before deciding what action - if any - to take against Codie. Headteacher Dr Antony Edkins said: "An allegation of a serious nature was made concerning a racially motivated remark by one student towards a group of Asian students new to the school and new to the country." "We aim to ensure a caring and tolerant attitude towards people and pupils of all ethnic backgrounds and will not stand for racism in any form." Fewer than two per cent of pupils at Harrop Fold come from an ethnic minority. It had the worst GCSE results in the entire Salford LEA last year with just 15 per cent of pupils achieving five good passes including English and maths, a third of the national average. Since being placed in special measures, Ofsted inspectors say it has improved, not least as a result of Dr Edkins's "outstanding" leadership. Salford was at the centre of a storm last April after a ten-year-old boy was hauled before a court for allegedly calling an 11-year-old mixed race pupil a 'Paki' and 'Bin Laden' in a playground argument at a primary school in Irlam. When the case came before District Judge Jonathan Finestein he said the decision to prosecute showed "how stupid the whole system is getting". But was himself fiercely attacked by teaching union leaders for "feeding a pernicious agenda" that aided the BNP. The prosecution was eventually dropped. Last night Robert Whelan, deputy director of the Civitas think-tank, said: "It's obviously common sense that pupils who don't speak English cause problems for other pupils and for teachers." "I'm sure this sort of thing happens all the time, but it's a sad reflection on the school if they can't deal with it without involving the police." "A lot of these arrests don't result in prosecutions - they aim is to frighten us into self-censorship until we watch everything we say." Greater Manchester Police denied Codie had been kept in a cell but would not comment further.

Oh, and don't tell me "it's only the Daily Mail", because only peer reviewed publications rubber stamped by people who agree with the paradigm are credible.
Posted from TSR Mobile

What is it with internet right wingers and copy and pasting huge blocks of text? Just quote or highlight the parts that demonstrate your point. That's the article I read when I googled the case. Basically, the girl says she did nothing wrong, as you'd expect a fourteen year old in trouble to do. Then her mother also says she did nothing wrong, as you'd expect. Then the headteacher says what she was actually in trouble was not for refusing to work with them, but for "An allegation of a serious nature was made concerning a racially motivated remark by one student towards a group of Asian students new to the school and new to the country".

Now we don't know for sure, but I'm assuming she said something more than "I'm not being funny, but can I change groups because I can't understand them?". As I say, I'm sure she made a rude comment, should have got a detention or whatever, end of story, but a silly teacher refers it to the police, and the right wing tabloids jump on the story and stick it out there.
Reply 56

Posted from TSR Mobile

He'll be picking up on spelling mistakes for strawmen next!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending