The Student Room Group

Any A-levels you regret picking?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Psychology
Because it's bull****. Nothing is proven so we just read what may be a fact and why others say its wrong.
I picked it up because I thought it is interesting.
Original post by SeaweedBrain
Gosh no! It's all hard but I'm one of those people who can't do any maths without a calculator, so it's better for me. I do Mechanics as my third module which is deceptively difficult. I don't do well in any of them, but I do least badly in C2 :smile:
I don't know anything about A2 other than that I'm dropping Maths before I have to touch it :biggrin:

I find C1 much easier than C2 :smile: C2 is so hard, which is why I'm not sure if I should do A2. I've heard mechanics isn't that difficult to understand :s-smilie:
Original post by arminb
Psychology
Because it's bull****. Nothing is proven so we just read what may be a fact and why others say its wrong.
I picked it up because I thought it is interesting.

Same I picked it up thinking it would be interesting and an easy subject, I was wrong :lol:
Reply 84
Psychology! 100%. Teaching was awful and so much content!
Reply 85
Original post by JamesMartinez
Don't even get me started on chemistry. :angry:

Loved it at GCSE, and then hated it at A level, got my AS and left it at that. :tongue:

i loved it at gcse too,thought id love it at AS but now i.cant see myself passing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daisychain_
I find C1 much easier than C2 :smile: C2 is so hard, which is why I'm not sure if I should do A2. I've heard mechanics isn't that difficult to understand :s-smilie:

I sort of like the stuff in C2, can't fathom why :/. My friends doing A2 all find AS stuff really easy, and when I look at their C3/C4 books I feel sick :frown:. It isn't really but there are some concepts I can't wrap my head around and they ask really complex questions :angry:
Reply 87
Original post by tillymb
Psychology! 100%. Teaching was awful and so much content!

so many case studies! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88

I like sociolology but Im.not that good at the essays. Its the only subject I feel like ai actually learn sumat useful though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Further Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sort of like the stuff in C2, can't fathom why :/. My friends doing A2 all find AS stuff really easy, and when I look at their C3/C4 books I feel sick :frown:. It isn't really but there are some concepts I can't wrap my head around and they ask really complex questions :angry:

I don't understand 100% of what we do in maths, but I just do it anyway. I don't know if I'll be able to get away with that if I do it next year. I don't feel like I'm good enough for A2 maths as I'm not the most naturally skilled mathematician :redface:
Reply 91
Biology, too much memorizing:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Ugh, Maths. I really hate it and am not doing well. There wasn't anything else to do and I got an A* at GCSE so I thought I was good at it. Boy, was I wrong.

Same ✔️💯
I don't understand 100% of what we do in maths, but I just do it anyway. I don't know if I'll be able to get away with that if I do it next year. I don't feel like I'm good enough for A2 maths as I'm not the most naturally skilled mathematician :redface:

I do the exact same thing! Do you need to take it? If you feel so badly about it maybe it's not the right choice... Maybe talk to your teachers/ people who do A2?
Reply 94
Chemistry. Unfortunately i need it for Electrical Engineering :frown:
I do the exact same thing! Do you need to take it? If you feel so badly about it maybe it's not the right choice... Maybe talk to your teachers/ people who do A2?

I want to take it, i just don't know if I'll be able to do well in it. My teacher said it'll be fine as long as I work hard, but I don't know, anyway there's no point worrying about it now, I need to actually do well in AS first :biggrin:
Original post by XXSimmyXX
I like sociolology but Im.not that good at the essays. Its the only subject I feel like ai actually learn sumat useful though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah ! Same here, essay writing was my major problem with the subject.

I hated it at a2 though. Soooooo long and boring. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to take it, i just don't know if I'll be able to do well in it. My teacher said it'll be fine as long as I work hard, but I don't know, anyway there's no point worrying about it now, I need to actually do well in AS first :biggrin:

If it's something you want, then I say go for it! Hard work will get you anywhere :smile: let's see how AS's go... If I do way better in Maths than History I'll have to do it at A2 :frown: but that's a problem for another day :s-smilie:
Reply 98
Actually i regret doing A-Levels entirely.Only if i knew what i was subjecting myself two years ago:sadnod:
Now everyday i feel like:shot:
If it's something you want, then I say go for it! Hard work will get you anywhere :smile: let's see how AS's go... If I do way better in Maths than History I'll have to do it at A2 :frown: but that's a problem for another day :s-smilie:

You're right, we'll see :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest