The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to LSE. I'll be living with another MSc student, and we're going to look starting when I arrive in London in 2 weeks. She's done some searching but apparently it's still too early to look for a flat to begin Sep 15. Probably N16 area or East London.
Reply 2
shady lane
I'm going to LSE. I'll be living with another MSc student, and we're going to look starting when I arrive in London in 2 weeks. She's done some searching but apparently it's still too early to look for a flat to begin Sep 15. Probably N16 area or East London.

It's the perfect time for places beginning on the 1st of sept though.. pretty sure you're unlikely to find somewhere which starts the day you move in.
erk
It's the perfect time for places beginning on the 1st of sept though.. pretty sure you're unlikely to find somewhere which starts the day you move in.

Well she lives outside London and I'm staying with relatives until we find a place so there's no rush.

I'm actually looking on gumtree.com now and there are very few places even to go for September 1--most are for immediate rental. I've e-mailed people who told me to contact them in 2 weeks.
Reply 4
shady lane
Well she lives outside London and I'm staying with relatives until we find a place so there's no rush.

I'm actually looking on gumtree.com now and there are very few places even to go for September 1--most are for immediate rental. I've e-mailed people who told me to contact them in 2 weeks.

aah cool. We got ours sorted out yday for sept.

5/6 bedroom in camberwell.
erk

Camberwell!!!

What uni?
Reply 6
shady lane
Camberwell!!!

What uni?

uni of the arts, lcc.
Stoke Newington (N16) is really not the place to look if yr an LSE student, it's a mission to get to uni
Kano the Magnificent
Stoke Newington (N16) is really not the place to look if yr an LSE student, it's a mission to get to uni

but $$$ :frown:
stoke newington is quite trendy at the moment so it will cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in rent, it's also not on the underground or anywhere near it

best to head over to the transport for london website, download a tube map and look at places in zone 2 which are on either the central or picadilly lines (both run through holborn, which is the LSE station basically)
Kano the Magnificent
stoke newington is quite trendy at the moment so it will cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in rent, it's also not on the underground or anywhere near it

best to head over to the transport for london website, download a tube map and look at places in zone 2 which are on either the central or picadilly lines (both run through holborn, which is the LSE station basically)

I did that. 13 min, no changes on the tube from Manor House to Holborn.

The places I looked at listed Manor House as the closest station, so I'd either walk or bus to the station...is this wrong?
that would be quite a walk! probably not advisable! you could try looking at places popular with Queen Mary students as QM is on the central line too
I'm looking for somewhere cheap that it'd be easy to get to SOAS from. Any ideas?
I'm in Hampstead. NW3. Just on the heath. Price... I don't even wanna mention it to myself...
North Kensington
Reply 15
UCL
Camden High St (opposite Koko)

£110pw

but only because I have the smallest room in the house. otherwise I'd be paying £126pw I think.
Reply 16
i might get a flat near koko. how convenient
3 bedroom flat right next to Old Street station.. £130 pppw excl bills.

Does anyone know the Old Street/Shoreditch area well? where are good places to go out and eat around there?
Kennington/Oval area - £380 a month, plus bills. Lovely double room in a really nice georgian town house.
erk

Cool... whereabouts? Near Camberwell Grove?

Latest

Trending

Trending