The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
For cheap, shared housing with several other students is a wise choice.
Bloody hell, a lot of you have REALLY expensive accommodation. Btw, Shady, now is the perfect time to start looking. When I was looking, a lot agents were showing flats/ houses now but they wouldn't be available until early/ mid September. A lot of places were available in Dulwich, Peckham Rye, Forest Hill etc. Anyway, managed to get a place in Peckham 85pw (my other roommates are paying 94 and 98) excl. bills. 3 bedroom house directly opposite the train station and newly refurbished with conservatory and two bathrooms. Not bad at all if I may say so myself.

If anybody is willing not to buy into the snobbery about South London :smile: let me know and I'll point out some good flats/ houses.
Reply 22
Hi Altius - you went for Peckham Rye? Where abouts - North / South Rye? I'm street to the core, but even Rye I would question, especially the North part going into Peckham; not pleasant at all.
Reply 23
im livin in highbury, bout 4 mins walk to holloway road tube station which is sweet considerin i commute to holborn. 380 a week for 3 beds
Reply 24
480 a week for a 4 bedroom flat in Angel. :smile:
Reply 25
dazmanultra
Cool... whereabouts? Near Camberwell Grove?

the road parallel, right opposite brb!
Damn, everywhere seems really expensive. Walshie, we actually first found a brand-new place right on the Rye for 277pw (but that was cruelly stolen from us- long story). The place we're going to be moving into is opposite Queen's Road Peckham station. I know some people are worried about the location but I know Peckham like the back of my hand and I feel as safe there as I do anywhere. Sometimes even safer because at least I know where and where not to go!
Reply 27
Altius Tendo
The place we're going to be moving into is opposite Queen's Road Peckham station. I know some people are worried about the location but I know Peckham like the back of my hand and I feel as safe there as I do anywhere. Sometimes even safer because at least I know where and where not to go!

Absolutely. You know the area, fine, if you didn't, I would reccommend cancellation now ;laugh; I'm also one for knowing an area, rather than being turned away becuase of the location. Happy days.
erk
the road parallel, right opposite brb!

Nice, cool location to be honest. We used to go to the BRB all the time. Funky Munky and The Castle are also pretty good.
Reply 29
dazmanultra
Nice, cool location to be honest. We used to go to the BRB all the time. Funky Munky and The Castle are also pretty good.

yup, went to the munky/castle twice a week or so last year.
Reply 30
I have an apartment in London because I started looking a bit late and didn't have enough time to look for the best deal. If you want some advice on london student living these sites might be helpful...
http://www.accommodationforstudents.com/london.asp
http://uk.moneto.eu/service/rental-guide/student-accommodation/london/
I was say take your time though otherwise you might end up paying way more than necessary! :wink:
£98 per week, White City (Zone 2, Central Line, West), 5 bedroom place, I go to KCL.
Niiiiiice
Reply 33
Muswell Hill 5 minute walk from Highgate. I have just finished at Birkbeck, UoL and should be at UCL from September
UCL

4 Bed Flat 450pw (split between 4 of us) located in between Kings Cross and Euston behind the British Library
Reply 35
East London.....it's the place to be.
Reply 36
starting ucl in sept but have already moved to london
£60 a week (sharing with my boyf!) opposite belsize park tube
Reply 37
£104 a week each for a 7 bedroom house in East Dulwich :smile:
Reply 38
Elephant and Castle ftw.
Reply 39
I'm in Elephant & Castle too (UCL student), 1 bed flat, 220 pw, sharing with my bf.

Latest

Trending

Trending