The Student Room Group
I always a lot of problems with Mitek.

WinEdt is the best! trust me. easy to use, simple and can convert all your documents right in its shell
Anywhere other than the maths forum and this would get warnings! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Ive managed to get LaTex, and I can make PDF and DVI documents. How can I get these into TSR posts?
Reply 4
wolverine123
Ive managed to get LaTex, and I can make PDF and DVI documents. How can I get these into TSR posts?

You don't, use [ tex] and [ /tex] tags without the spaces.
P1P2f.dr=f(P2)f(P1)\int_{P_{1}}^{P_{2}} \nabla f . dr = f(P_{2})-f(P_{1})
Gaz031
You don't, use [ tex] and [ /tex] tags without the spaces.
P1P2f.dr=f(P2)f(P1)\int_{P_{1}}^{P_{2}} \nabla f . dr = f(P_{2})-f(P_{1})

Yeah, so to enter the above, Gaz typed:
[noparse]P1P2f.dr=f(P2)f(P1)\int_{P_{1}}^{P_{2}} \nabla f . dr = f(P_{2})-f(P_{1})[/noparse]
You don't need to install tex to be able to type in it on TSR! :p:
Reply 6
P1P2f.dr=f(P2)f(P1) \large \displaystyle \int_{P_{1}}^{P_{2}} \nabla f . dr = f(P_{2})-f(P_{1})
insparato
P1P2f.dr=f(P2)f(P1) \large \displaystyle \int_{P_{1}}^{P_{2}} \nabla f . dr = f(P_{2})-f(P_{1})

That integral sign looks pathetic. :confused: I hate mimeTeX.
Reply 8
I know :frown:.

http://www.forkosh.com/mimetexmanual.html --- if you put \int_a^b or an integral it looks fine there.
Reply 9
wolverine123

ah! please tell me how to do this!
Blackjamin
ah! please tell me how to do this!

Simply use [noparse][/noparse] tags.

And put your Mathematical latex in the middle e.g.

[noparse]x34x3sinθ dx\displaystyle \int^3_x 4x-3sin\theta \ dx[/noparse]

is

x34x3sinθ dx\displaystyle \int^3_x 4x-3sin\theta \ dx

Here's a nice guide for TSR.
Reply 11
Omg you've revived an ancient thread. Use ['latex'], ['/latex'] tags with the apostrophes.
fgdμ(fpdμ)1/p(gqdμ)1/q\int |fg| d\mu \leq \left(\int |f|^{p}d\mu\right)^{1/p}\left(\int |g|^{q}d\mu\right)^{1/q}
Now all the cool formulas you know will look really nice on TSR.
Hmm, cool formulas I know...
lol LATEX lol \ \mathbb{LATEX}
Damnit.
Using tex tags: P1P2f.dr=f(P2)f(P1) \large \displaystyle \int_{P_{1}}^{P_{2}} \nabla f . dr = f(P_{2})-f(P_{1})

Using latex tags: P1P2f.dr=f(P2)f(P1) \large \displaystyle \int_{P_{1}}^{P_{2}} \nabla f . dr = f(P_{2})-f(P_{1})

Wow, this thread is ooold.
Reply 14
i'm not worrying about how to format it, i'd just like to know which programs to download, to create the initial environment
Reply 15
ah this has now saved my life thanks alot http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Wiki/index.php/LaTeX:Basics
Reply 16
Does anyone know what the best LaTex program is for a Mac OS X user?
LOL at this thread now! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Lmao - so you all know LatTeX is down for the moment.

Latest